Sonic Electronix

Removed my trunk torsion rods for my build and I want to replace them with torsion springs gas struts whatever you want to call them. Now my question is how much force should they be. I inadvertently purchased 150lb struts thinking it was supported weight and not actual force. So now I have need to figure out what pressure size I need to purchase to retrofit my trunk and make this work out the right way.

Any Ideas?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I did this to my car and posted it up on here somewhere...the easiest way IMO is to buy the mounts for the struts, install them, and measure how far apart they are when the trunk is fully closed, then again when fully open...the struts don't need to be that strong (I have 45lb. ones and they are pretty damn strong)

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Anyway you can tell me how to hunt your post down so I can see how it was done and where did you get the mounts from. Another issue I had was the fact that the struts I ordered were only replacements so they came with no mounting hardware.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

trunk struts here man. also, I didn't see this was for a civic. theres a tutorial in my link to another link from a civic forum that did this too. Not sure if its the same generation as yours but its in there if you need it. the whole thing is real simple man, hardest part is compressing the strut to put it on haha.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived