Mechman Alternators

VERY happy with Mechman

Figured my first post on here should be somewhat relevant, so why not talk about an experience with one of the partners on here.

About 3 weeks ago I placed an order with Mechman for my 2010 Dodge Charger SXT. I got a sweet deal on a 320a unit with the October deal going on at the time. During the whole transaction process I was communicating with Eric through email. Dude responds too fast sometimes lol. Anyways, I received the unit a week after I placed my order and got it installed the next day.

After it was installed I noticed my voltage would drop considerably below 900rpm, even if I wasn't playing music at all. I called Mechman and spoke directly with Eric. After troubleshooting for the weekend I decided to send it back to get it checked out. Turns out the rectifier was bad, no biggie though. Took 1 business day to fix, and 1 more to send back to me. I probably called 5 times and spoke with Matt once as well, who was very helpful.

NOW this time it was installed, everything was great up until I went below 700rpm. Yup more voltage drop, even with no music or AC on. I called and spoke with Josh this time, had a great talk with him. I had to call back Monday because Eric was the one who was basically handling my situation. After talking with him for a while, we both found out that the PCM module that controls everything electronically operated in my car wouldn't comply with the alternator.

What did this mean for me? Well regardless of the alternator I had in my car, unless if it was a stock one then I would have this problem. I idle at 600rpm, and any H/O alternator regardless of brand wouldn't charge the car unless it's at 700rmp. The only way to raise the idle speed for my car is with a Diablo Sport Predator, which itself costs quite a bit.

Overall I'm INCREDIBLY happy with Mechman. The second voltage problem obviously wasn't their fault. They had a VERY FAST turn around time with fixing my alternator, kept me up to date with plenty of emails as well. They are SO DAMN EASY TO GET A HOLD OF it's not worth explaining lol. Matt and Josh were both very helpful the few times I spoke with them each. Eric is great as well! He really took care of every question and concern I had. Oh yeah, they were also WAY cheaper for my specific unit compared to some other companies. Overall the whole experience was well worth it, regardless of the problems I encountered.