Second Skin Audio

Class Project For Engineering and Design

czman30

i dont know what to do for subwoofer wise

well i bought a used alpine type-r 10 off ebay for $60 and have recently built a t-line for it. the line is 116in for 29hz and the type-r is getting 400w rms. it sounds REALLY GOOD and gets loud for how low its tunned. i have gotten lots of complements with it.

i was thinking of a Rockford p1 or 2 but idk if i can afford them and im not sure if i wanna buy a used one

maybe this one

or

This one

between the two choose the first one. because the older rockford stuff was american made and they are alot better quality items than the new products that rockford has out.

i will look into it

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

mabey try an alpine type-r 8...?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWR-823D-Alpine-8-Dual-2-ohm-Type-R-Series-Car-Subwoofer-/320790903613?

or try AudioSavings.com for some good deals

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

mabey try an alpine type-r 8...?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWR-823D-Alpine-8-Dual-2-ohm-Type-R-Series-Car-Subwoofer-/320790903613?

or try AudioSavings.com for some good deals

i found 2 kicker 8's for 109 bucks

or 2 re 8's for 94 bucks

or 2 rockford 8's for 119 bucks

You can buy freshly reconed SA-8's in the SA section for like $90......... There is also some for sale in the for sale section. New ones run 130+ ish iirc. I actually recently just made a t-line box for my sisters jeep compass.. sec ill load up some pics. Here you go. I went for minimum width so she could still carry around junk in the back. I used a SA-8 btw. Feel free to steal the plan, I can give you the math if you want it.

2.jpg

1.jpg

I added the flush mount and mini amp rack on top of the box as an after thought lol.. worked out better than I expected.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

You can buy freshly reconed SA-8's in the SA section for like $90......... There is also some for sale in the for sale section. New ones run 130+ ish iirc. I actually recently just made a t-line box for my sisters jeep compass.. sec ill load up some pics. Here you go. I went for minimum width so she could still carry around junk in the back. I used a SA-8 btw. Feel free to steal the plan, I can give you the math if you want it.

2.jpg

1.jpg

I added the flush mount and mini amp rack on top of the box as an after thought lol.. worked out better than I expected.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

i was thinking about an sundow sa8 but i dont know if i wanna buy from here ... on the form

I have been looking around and i have been wondering what option i should take i got some choices here:

1 American bass 8"

1 Sundown Audio 8"

1 Rockford Fosgate Old school not sure what size or series

1 Alpine Type R 8"

1 Tang Band 8"

Or Other suggestions

Thanks Please post what you think would be the best but least expensive one

sundown.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I don't post much, as I mainly try to garner knowledge from the forums, but I built my 2nd T-line for my weed man with a Sundown NSv1 12". He has about 700-800w on it from an older alpine and it shakes his crown vic apart. I was a little nervous about building such a large T-line with such a powerful sub, but it came out really well. I don't have pics of it, but I am now a huge fan of these types of enclosures, as is he. They are not very practical for most people, but they are insanely efficient. I hope your project goes well and gets a fantastic grade.

Archived