01 Saturn 1 12" Punch P3

Were the led lights hard to install?

The ones in the dash cluster were sort of difficult, you have to twist them around into the right position because there is no way of telling the positive from the negative so you have to play with them a little. If you were going to do this make sure you get them where you want them and glue them down so you dont have problems later. the other ones you just kinda plug in i have a blue led dome light too.

Hfi or hfx? How did you like it

It was the Hfi and once i made that box for it, it was pretty good except the magnet cover rattled when it hit certain notes but i pried it off it was just glued on then it was better. probably the best sub for that price range

The hfx is the new model around the same price but 100 more rms

I didnt know that i havent looked at the prices of stuff in awhile, have you tried or heard the hfx yet?

Not yet but I'm dead set on this system

isnt that speaker in the cup holder only a 2 way? regardless.....toss that or fab it in there better so it isnt just a speaker dropped in a cup holder... and it looks like you are lacking in port area a little bit, you are pretty well below the minimum recommended area...

You sure on the port area? I saw from the P3 12 user manual that they recommend 1.79 ft^3 with one 4"x10" round port. I will say that the port appears to be a bit too long causing it to be too close to the back wall of the enclosure.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/2011/5_Subwoofers/4020117-0_P3Subs-MAN_Rev2.pdf

I was going off the screen shot he posted from using torres..the rec'd area on the torres is 17 to 24 and he is at 12....

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hell yeah Landon! I'm glad I passed the battery on to you bro! Sorry I don't show my face much since my car died but hopefully now we will get around to moving forward with our systems. Thanks for the demo too I know you were in a rush but man your car slams for it being one 12! Don't be a stranger hit me up whenever you need help.

DD1 brought a smile to your face too huh? lol your car bumping did the same to my ears! :rockwoot:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

oh yeah almost forgot you might want to take the battery posts off and put a washer on the bolt and just use that to hold your cables down. It would be more secure. And easy on the bumps the battery will move for sure look into holding it in place better.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

haha thanks man maybe i can give you a proper demo sometime. BTW there is a streetspl show this sunday a JC's tint and alarm just saw it on the sight its on the west side by 410 and us 90. i might go, you think you can make it?

Im just so glad i can bump at night without my headlights dimming horribly. it looked like i was flashing people when the bass hit and now its pretty much unnoticeable

Thanks for everything too, giving me the oppurtunity for getting a battery without the huge price and shipping hassle and DD1ing my system. i think there is a little more tweaking to do but its pretty much set.

oh yeah almost forgot you might want to take the battery posts off and put a washer on the bolt and just use that to hold your cables down. It would be more secure. And easy on the bumps the battery will move for sure look into holding it in place better.

yeah i just have some L brackets on each side im gunna look into a metal piece to go over the batt and connect it to the unused hole bracket. its in place pretty well though.

well the battery post is pretty secure the connections are tight and dont move but ill look into just the washer and bolt

Haha you know what i just thought of. I have bad luck with giving demos. When i gave you a demo my radiator cracked and i had to replace it. when i gave mr pep a demo in that video i noticed my antifreeze was barely dripping and it ended up being my water pump going out and i had to replace it. just hope i doesnt happen anymore lol. just glad parts a really cheap for my car and usually easy to replace

Anyway back to my build, plans for the future hopefully in a couple months my plans are too..

do the big 3

get all 0 gauge

get an xs batt for the front

a 2-2.5k amp

and 2 12s or 1 15 sealed from trunk firing forward

i think i got what i could out of this equipment and it has served me well but it is time for more powaaaa

Archived