1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

So here is/was my plan. I went to my uncles work so he could cut me some aluminum spacers and some plexi glass for a grill. All went well, I came home and started drawing. I spent probably 3-4 hours on this grill because I wanted it to be perfect. Marked out all the holes and spaced them right. I was going to drill SMD in 1/4" holes. I got it all drawn out and went out to drill it... got 5 holes done and the damn plexi snapped in half. So my dad said he is going to bring me home a piece of 1/2" LEXAN from his work. He brought me home some Lexan before and I messed it up. I'm not some much pissed about the plexi Im pissed about all the drawing time i put in to it. Here are the pictures.

108_0550.jpg

Had it drawn out PERFECT... ):

108_0557.jpg

This is a super small piece of scrap LEXAN I had left over from the last attempt. I free hand drew an S in it real quick just to see if it would look good. The S sucks but the other one would have looked bad ass. When I get the Lexan I am going to do the same thing but it will look real nice. It will also be lit by Blue LEDS and come on when my under dash lights come on. I held the piece above to the Leds under my dash and it lights up real nice.

These are the spacers that I will be using. 1 in each corner and then 1 on top and bottom middle.

108_0558.jpg

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

i just read almost every page....my eyes hurt....lol

good work man cant wait to see how the lexan turns out

btw every single time i seeyour sig (including every time i saw it while reading this thread) i thought/think there was/is something on my screen and go to flick it away and this being an hp touchsmart the page goes carzy -.-

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

i just read almost every page....my eyes hurt....lol

good work man cant wait to see how the lexan turns out

btw every single time i seeyour sig (including every time i saw it while reading this thread) i thought/think there was/is something on my screen and go to flick it away and this being an hp touchsmart the page goes carzy -.-

Haha I get comments on the sig alot. And thanks for the compliments! I am doing my best. Its cool to go back through and realize all the things you shoulda done different. I cant wait to re do the box but that will be a while!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

So today I bought me a tool box since I have no room for tools because of my subs. I bought it off my local classifieds and got it for 50 bucks. Killer deal in my opinion, nothing wrong with it at all. I am going to paint it black when I have the money for self etching primer and some Rustoleum. Its made for a smaller truck like an S-10 or a Ford ranger. But I love how it fits in my truck and you cant see it at all unless you were looking into the bed. Do you guys think it looks stupid?? its screwed to the bed with self tapping screws. And now I finally have some shit if I ever need it!

108_0561.jpg

108_0559.jpg

108_0560.jpg

I am going to try to do bed liner this summer if I ever have the money. The tool box still needs a Fire Extinguisher, a jack, some tow straps, ratchet straps, and there was something else I forgot. Anyways here is the story, I have been working my ass off so I could start body work. I had about 200 dollars and then I get a paper in the mail saying my truck needs to be licensed and inspected. There goes 120 dollars. I had to but 20 in for gas, and I needed a new air filter and EGR valve. The EGR valve kept causing the Service Engine light to come on. The EGR valve was 50 and the filter was 10. There goes my money. And then I just bought this tool box and my mom had to loan the money to me because I had been watching for one for ever. I still need a job and I still want to do body work! Shit will start happenin guys, stay with me!

108_0562.jpg

I bought the cheap fram because I don't have the money for any better. Eventually the truck will get a K&N cold air intake. I also started drawing up the speaker grill for my subs on the 1/4" LEXAN my dad brought me. It will say SMD and be back lit with blue leds just like my dash.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Trev....have you considered how you will get your bike in the truck if you have that tool box in there?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

that dope on the toolbox I like shit like that. and when you cut plexi you shud have something underneath it so it doesnt break. Use a smaller drill and move up to a big one dont just start big. keep up the progess wish I had as much time as you do to work on my ride lol

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Looks fine. I'd look into maybe bolting it instead of screws cause you'd be surprised at how people can pull shit out! Just a suggestion.

Yeah I was gonna look into that, I just hate putting big holes in the bed, and everything here is closed on sundays and I was excited haha. Thanks though man! I hope it doesn't look dumb.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Trev....have you considered how you will get your bike in the truck if you have that tool box in there?

Yeah I've came to the conclusion that the truck is to tall to load a bike into by yourself. I had to have my dad help me last time. We have a bike holder that goes in the reciever hitch I will use. Its easy to use and looks nice to. BUT this doesn't mean ill do a blow through haha. I refuse to cut the bed.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

that dope on the toolbox I like shit like that. and when you cut plexi you shud have something underneath it so it doesnt break. Use a smaller drill and move up to a big one dont just start big. keep up the progess wish I had as much time as you do to work on my ride lol

Thanks man. I hope it looks alright. Haha I do have alot of time, I just have no money. If I had the time I have right now and as much money as I need people would be stopping to take pictures of it lol. Oh and this lexan my dad brought me I won't have to worry about it breaking its real strong.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Archived