1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

Here they are! I decided while I have the amp out and no RCA's I may as well re build this damn thing and get it sounding great. I went to the UPS store today and bought a huge bag of packing peanuts so I could check the volume of the new one as well as see what the old one was. I checked the volume and then subtracted the port volume and the sub displacement. After that I get 1.87^3 which is WAY bigger then what I wanted, I was shooting for 1.3^3. So things will get re done and be done right this time. The plan is to go to home depot tomorrow and get a piece of 3/4" MDF so I can start this thing ASAP. I am pretty damn excited. I am gonna 45 every corner in the box and make sure it is PERFECT. I ordered some RCA's from Knuconceptz last night and they should be here friday or saturday. Here are the pictures.

The peanuts!

DSCF1748.jpg

Here is the box sitting on the cement. Ready torn down!

DSCF1749.jpg

Kinda sad! Took forever to build this shit haha.

DSCF1750.jpg

and here are the boys! They are gonna pound in this new box I hope!

DSCF1752.jpg

Okay those are the only pictures for now.

SO for now I have a couple questions.

In the new box, how is the best way to 45 the corners?? Do they take up enough space to even worry about it effecting tuning?

Do you guys think that this new box at about 1.3^3 will sound better then the previous?

I am contemplating going with a square or slot port instead of an aero. What do you guys think?

Alright thats all until tomorrow!! Tomorrow my welding teacher is letting me leave school early for a job interview! Tryin to get on at Costco! I will be so stoked to have money! Really crossing my fingers on this one! Like I said tomorrow me and my buddy are gonna go buy the wood, taking him so I dont drop it and dent the truck.. mdf is heavy! Night guys!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

You could get clear bumper light housings and put some switch back LEDs in them.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

No RCA's??? Did i miss something? Best way to cut 45 degree angle would be on a table saw. And the angle does nothing as far as taking up any air space. Its the inside of the box dimension that counts. A 45 degree angle takes up the same space as a butt joint.

Well I had these cheap scoshe rca's from walmart and when I had the amp issues I unplugged them from the deck and the end came out of one, i pushed it back in and it made the sound distorted. So i ordered new ones. The 45s Im talking about go in each corner of the box like this.

012.jpg

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Don't waste your time with 45's. You won't notice a difference.

x2

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Don't waste your time with 45's. You won't notice a difference.

thank you for that! lol i wasnt looking foward to that part

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

MDF IS SITTING IN THE GARAGE ALONG WITH THE GLUE! Trying to figure out port right now. I wanted to do a slot but the contour of the floor makes it impossible so I am leaning towards an aero port again! As soon as I figure this out I will start cutting! :D You guys think it will sound better being the right volume?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

MDF IS SITTING IN THE GARAGE ALONG WITH THE GLUE! Trying to figure out port right now. I wanted to do a slot but the contour of the floor makes it impossible so I am leaning towards an aero port again! As soon as I figure this out I will start cutting! :D You guys think it will sound better being the right volume?

if you change your tuning you'll probably notice a difference, you also might be able to turn your gain up since you're getting more cone control of the sub, that is if the amp has more power left before clipping.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived