THanson Posted November 15, 2007 Author Report Posted November 15, 2007 Thanks, y'all. My last (hopefully) question is if I connect the amp power directly to the battery, will it drain the battery when the car isn't running? Is there any sort of thing that I have to go to to shut the power to the amp down when my radio turns off? The sub and amp pack I am getting here: http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/products.php...;product_id=282 Quote
Torres Posted November 15, 2007 Report Posted November 15, 2007 the amp wont turn on unless it's getting power to the remote side. to do this, you can run the remote wire from the cd player to the remote on the amp, or you can run it from the fuse box to the remote on the amp. if you do the fuse box, just make sure it's a fuse that's only on when the car is on, and off when the car is off. when you turn it on it'll send the signal to the amp and it'll get it's power from the battery. then turn off when you turn the car off Quote
Torres Posted November 15, 2007 Report Posted November 15, 2007 (edited) i dont know much about that brand, but i saw a LOT of fusion products used in a crazy install in a hummer at a couple car shows. had it turned on once and sounded pretty decent. and btw...make sure to post pics we love pics here. and welcome to the site bro EDIT: dont be afraid to ask questions either Edited November 15, 2007 by ExpoSport Quote
THanson Posted November 15, 2007 Author Report Posted November 15, 2007 Hmm, I think I might need a little more explanation on this remote wire. Right now, the only non-stock audio piece in my car the head unit. My understanding of how to hook the subs and amp in was as follows: RCA cables from the back of head unit into amp Battery (+/-) into amp Ground wire into amp Amp to subs Is this right and where does the remote cable actually go on each end? Quote
Xplorer Posted November 15, 2007 Report Posted November 15, 2007 There should be a lead on your radio harness for a remote turn-on Quote
THanson Posted November 15, 2007 Author Report Posted November 15, 2007 Okay, legit. I think i remember seeing that when I did the h/u install. And I assume there will be a place for the remote cable on amp as well? Thanks a ton, bro. Quote
Torres Posted November 15, 2007 Report Posted November 15, 2007 yessir there will be. wont be as big as the power/ground either. more like a speaker wire. next to where the power/ground wire go. Quote
THanson Posted November 16, 2007 Author Report Posted November 16, 2007 So, I was talking to a friend and asked him how he would wire the amp to the battery. He said that there should already be power cables that I should splice the amp power into. He also said that if I ran the amp power directly through the firewall and into the engine compartment, where the battery is, the wiring would burn. Is any of this true? Thanks. Quote
07mazda3s Posted November 16, 2007 Report Posted November 16, 2007 So, I was talking to a friend and asked him how he would wire the amp to the battery. He said that there should already be power cables that I should splice the amp power into. He also said that if I ran the amp power directly through the firewall and into the engine compartment, where the battery is, the wiring would burn. Is any of this true?Thanks. Nope Quote Power Acoustik fubar 12 sony xploding amp 2 ft^3 box @ 35hz
THanson Posted November 16, 2007 Author Report Posted November 16, 2007 So no burning wires and no way to not hook the power directly into the battery? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.