Sonic Electronix

'97 Explorer Sub Installation Help

So, I am getting some subs but before I actually get them, I figure I better make sure I know how I am gonna put them in.

The only problem I ran into was the power supply and ground wire for the amp.

How do I hook the power into the car and where do I put the ground wire?

Again, I have a '97 Ford Explorer.

Thanks, y'all.

Edited by THanson

first install?

well u gotta run a power wire from the battery to the amp

the ground wire needs to be connected to a clean piece of metal

edit: he beat me to it

Edited by IH8PunkRok

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

ummm...u put a either put a ring terminal on the wire and just screw it to the battery or get new battery terminal altogether and hook the wire up to them. sometimes it sucks to find a spot on the firewall to run the wire through. u should be able to find like a rubber boot of some sort with a bunch of factory wires running through it, just cut a hole in that and run ur wires through it. or drill a hole, or run the wires under the vehicle.....

i likes me some audio stuff...

yeah sometimes there's a hole. i had to drill my hole. some people take it and run it under the car. just as long as it doesnt get caught on anything while it's in motion. then they run it up in the back. i have an 01 explorer sport and there's a rubber gromet(sp) in the back that you can use to run the wire from the outside to the inside.

Okay, and what do I do for the ground wire? Any specific way to hook it to a clean part of the chassis and any recommended spot to place it?

Any place that has a bolt and make sure its metal no paint if theres paint scrap it off. Use a ring termial take the bolt out and put the ring terminal down and put your bolt back on. You may want to get a light tester it will light up if its a ground.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

on mine, i took the back panel off on the side (where the jack stand used to be i believe) and used a self tapping screw to go through part of the frame. there's another ground i used that's on a piece of support metal and used a bolt to hold it. just make sure there is a good connection to the bare metal of the car and the wire/connector

Edited by ExpoSport