Sonic Electronix

'97 Explorer Sub Installation Help

Thanks, y'all.

My last (hopefully) question is if I connect the amp power directly to the battery, will it drain the battery when the car isn't running? Is there any sort of thing that I have to go to to shut the power to the amp down when my radio turns off?

The sub and amp pack I am getting here: http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/products.php...;product_id=282

the amp wont turn on unless it's getting power to the remote side. to do this, you can run the remote wire from the cd player to the remote on the amp, or you can run it from the fuse box to the remote on the amp. if you do the fuse box, just make sure it's a fuse that's only on when the car is on, and off when the car is off. when you turn it on it'll send the signal to the amp and it'll get it's power from the battery. then turn off when you turn the car off

i dont know much about that brand, but i saw a LOT of fusion products used in a crazy install in a hummer at a couple car shows. had it turned on once and sounded pretty decent.

and btw...make sure to post pics ;) we love pics here. and welcome to the site bro

EDIT: dont be afraid to ask questions either B)

Edited by ExpoSport

Hmm, I think I might need a little more explanation on this remote wire. Right now, the only non-stock audio piece in my car the head unit. My understanding of how to hook the subs and amp in was as follows:

RCA cables from the back of head unit into amp

Battery (+/-) into amp

Ground wire into amp

Amp to subs

Is this right and where does the remote cable actually go on each end?

So, I was talking to a friend and asked him how he would wire the amp to the battery. He said that there should already be power cables that I should splice the amp power into. He also said that if I ran the amp power directly through the firewall and into the engine compartment, where the battery is, the wiring would burn. Is any of this true?

Thanks.

So, I was talking to a friend and asked him how he would wire the amp to the battery. He said that there should already be power cables that I should splice the amp power into. He also said that if I ran the amp power directly through the firewall and into the engine compartment, where the battery is, the wiring would burn. Is any of this true?

Thanks.

Nope

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz