Second Skin Audio

designing a box for 2 12s (kicker L7s)

SS4Luck

Okay I picked up another brand new L7 and want to try and design my.own box and am.looking for pointers.

Is it smart to build basically two small boxes and stick em together? Or build one large box?

Also does it make a difference if it goes sub sub port or sub port sub in the box?

I have 25x24x36 to work with so I know I have enough room.

Also what's the recommended port in vs box cubes to try and keep everything controlled?

They'll be rub at 600rms ea

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

With that power, try to get 5.5-6ft^3 after displacements and use ~80in^2 of port. Tune to your musical preferences.

Yeah what he said.

And they will do better in a single chamber, single port enclosure.

Also, try to let the new one get broke in similar to the older one before you put them together, if not they can sound a little funny at times.

I just built a box for 3 L5 12's, but I figure it will see L7's before it's all said and done. Night and day difference from the prefabs!

Good luck

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Alright take a look at this I came up with and let me know what you thing and what i should change.

I know the calc says that the port wont bend but wouldnt it at the bottom to stay 3.75" unoform across making it really be a roughyl 23.75" long after making the additinal length for the bend?

Im still thinking about trying to do sub port sub instead of sub sub port so that the port isnt DIRECTLY behind my head whenever im driving lol

2L7Box.jpg

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

Okay to the bracing questions.

I know that wedges in the corners help, but as far as bracing other that that what is the rule of thmb about how to put it in? Like where and how much? I dont want to have to redo this box because it ends up sounding shitty cuz of flex or anything like that.

also when calculating for bracing, how much is a good idea to assume its all going to take up? I dont want to put in all the bracing and have it eat up too much airspace. Ive seen a lot of people been using dowels, is that the best way to do it cuz they take up less room and are rounded?

lol

Archived