Second Skin Audio

I need help designing a box !

So I'm stuck with a garbage pre-fab ported box that seems as though it's tuned reallly high. I want something tuned a little low, but nothing toooo low. Like mid 30s or low 40s ? I'm not sure. I have two Kicker CVR 12's, the '07 model if that makes a difference. But yeah, I have NO idea how to design one or even how to go about it. All help is very appreciated. Thank you !

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

what kind of music do you listen to? frankly, depending on the woofer, high 30hz is a high tuning. anything in the 40's for daily music is way way too high.

edit: to add on what lbox said, make SURE you read the instructions thoroughly on the calculator.

Edited by Kranny

what kind of music do you listen to? frankly, depending on the woofer, high 30hz is a high tuning. anything in the 40's for daily music is way way too high.

edit: to add on what lbox said, make SURE you read the instructions thoroughly on the calculator.

Well I listen to a little bit of everything, probably 75 percent rap and 25 rock. So I guess like a tuning between 36 or 37 ? I just have NO idea how to use the torres calculator and don't wanna mess anything up.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Kicker website says between 1.75-2.25 cubes, so probably around 2^ft at about 35hz should work for you, download torres calculator and play around with it till you find something around there that you can fit, or post your max dimensions and I'm sure you'll get a few responses.

pgsig.png

Kicker website says between 1.75-2.25 cubes, so probably around 2^ft at about 35hz should work for you, download torres calculator and play around with it till you find something around there that you can fit, or post your max dimensions and I'm sure you'll get a few responses.

So I want a final box of 4^ft? I have two, and are there like tutorials on how to use the calculator or something ?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Well I listen to a little bit of everything, probably 75 percent rap and 25 rock. So I guess like a tuning between 36 or 37 ? I just have NO idea how to use the torres calculator and don't wanna mess anything up.

read the instructions on the program man, its really quite simple. dont let all the words and numbers confuse you. you just have to go about it slowly. and i'd probably tune to like 35hz

read the instructions on the program man, its really quite simple. dont let all the words and numbers confuse you. you just have to go about it slowly. and i'd probably tune to like 35hz

I went on the Kicker website and grabbed the specs for height width and length from the compVR sub box thats designed for them. 17 by 16 by 32. So all I would need to do is design a port for it ?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

So I want a final box of 4^ft? I have two, and are there like tutorials on how to use the calculator or something ?

Yeah my bad, I did it for one, so your right since you have 2. What type of vehicle is it going in. If you have the dimensions you can fit in your vehicle post them and I'll try doing something for you really quick.

pgsig.png

I went on the Kicker website and grabbed the specs for height width and length from the compVR sub box thats designed for them. 17 by 16 by 32. So all I would need to do is design a port for it ?

well typically mainstream brand companies' box plans are different than what the woofer plays in optimally. i know it sounds crazy but its true. i'd hit up ram designs on here, or 412cvx (i think its spelled). they are two of the MANY good box designers on here and they should be able to answer your questions much better.