40hz and 1hz light wont come on (update: figured it out)

just got my dd-1 and found my headunit clipping point fine with is a pioneer 4200, clipped at 40 so i keep it on 39, my problem is when i try to set the gains on my jl 300/4v2 and jl 1000v2 the 1hz and 40hz lights wont come on, ive followed the instructions to a T, idk what im doing wrong???? please help!!!!

did you read the instructions?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Explain how you are setting the gains or how you are detecting distortion. Maybe you are doing something wrong.

Edited by Mario928

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Explain how you are setting the gains or how you are detecting distortion. Maybe you are doing something wrong.

i turn the headunit to 39, turn it on the correct track, stick the red probe in the positive and clamp the other part on the amp ground wire, then play the track and it wont detect the hz, the signal light comes on tho, and then i turn the gain up and it will read distortion but the 40hz light never came on or 1hz when i did the full range amp

i turn the headunit to 39, turn it on the correct track, stick the red probe in the positive and clamp the other part on the amp ground wire, then play the track and it wont detect the hz, the signal light comes on tho, and then i turn the gain up and it will read distortion but the 40hz light never came on or 1hz when i did the full range amp

You need to turn your crossover(HZ) all the way up.

Edited by Mario928

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

You need to turn your crossover(HZ) all the way up.

i did turn it all the way up on the both when i did each, i turned off the infrasonic filter 2