Sonic Electronix

Opions on Onyx Mobile Audio??

Ok I know a lot of the individuals on the forum have been around for years and have seen companies come and go! I see a lot of people have their personal favorites and their companies that they have stuck with for years.

Saying that, I have been an Onyx lover for years, I also am very close with Scott Massengill (owner). In the past couple years I have been prodding and bugging Scott to see if he would come out with a new line(s) of subwoofer(s). In these past years Scott has began to find his love for car audio again, basing with SQ in his installs.

With talking, prodding, building his installs with him, I can sense that his mind might be constructing and designing, searching for the best possibilities.

Now heres what I want to know! Those who remember and have either heard, talked about, or experienced those subs, costumer service, etc, would you express your views or opinions of the company when it arrived on the scene for those few years.

I will remain unbiased in this thread, basically thanking and asking for clarification of opinions. Pics, videos, etc are encouraged.

Thanks guys

Mike

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

The only thing that jumps out at me was the RE/Onyx motor issue. Woofers were pretty good if i recall.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived