Sundown Audio

What's wrong with my amp?

qu1cks1lver56

caps can go bad without showing any physical signs. that would be my guess too, bad cap. but thats just a guess.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I had a similar problem with the amp i currently have and when i took it in they said i had a cap that was bad along with a broken solder joint on the power transformer, you'll want to find a local repair shop and see what they say. Not quite sure if your model is one of the newer rockfords that repair shops won't touch anymore.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

did you try a differnt speaker that one looks like will sound like ass no matter what

Tried it on a new CDT HD-6 the other day, no difference.

caps can go bad without showing any physical signs. that would be my guess too, bad cap. but thats just a guess.

Yeah so I'm told. It sounds like a bad cap, I can get the right rear to clean up but none of the others.

I had a similar problem with the amp i currently have and when i took it in they said i had a cap that was bad along with a broken solder joint on the power transformer, you'll want to find a local repair shop and see what they say. Not quite sure if your model is one of the newer rockfords that repair shops won't touch anymore.

My uncle has a friends that's fixed a couple amps for him, probably gonna take it to him and see if he can find anything.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I does sound like a bad cap. An simple way to tell if one is dead or going is to see if the top of the capacitor is bulging at all. The metal on top should be slightly bent towards the bottom on a good cap. Edit: the change is very subtle so make sure you look closely

Edited by bobobass

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d