Focal 6M115 $9 midbass?

Mikesmith0890

Im looking to get some new speakers to replace the shitty stock ones. should i just get these or this RE set?

http://www.audiosavi...1-2/RE6.5C.aspx

Are you looking for a cheap replacement or quality and power. The Focals are great speakers but you have to pair em nicely with Tweets and if you don't want to go through the hassle then I would honestly go with the RE's. Will you be using an amp or HU power?

Im kinda new to car audio but i want some decent speakers. anything would be better than the stock ones that i have now.

n I would probably hook them up to the hu

Ill prob just go with the re's since it comes with tweeters & the crossover

And audiojunkie23; i asked if i should go with the focals or the RE set.. that has something to do with the thread clown

Then yeah if you're new go with the RE's or hell if you just looking for a better option than your stock ones I would look at a cheaper set of comps. Unless you have the money to just spend the RE's on HU power won't see their full potential. A cheaper set on HU power would sound just as good considering the HU is not putting out more that 20w rms if that.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Im looking to get some new speakers to replace the shitty stock ones. should i just get these or this RE set?

Are you looking for a cheap replacement or quality and power. The Focals are great speakers but you have to pair em nicely with Tweets and if you don't want to go through the hassle then I would honestly go with the RE's. Will you be using an amp or HU power?

Im kinda new to car audio but i want some decent speakers. anything would be better than the stock ones that i have now.

And audiojunkie23; i asked if i should go with the focals or the RE set.. that has something to do with the thread clown

Then yeah if you're new go with the RE's or hell if you just looking for a better option than your stock ones I would look at a cheaper set of comps. Unless you have the money to just spend the RE's on HU power won't see their full potential. A cheaper set on HU power would sound just as good considering the HU is not putting out more that 20w rms if that.

Thanks for the response man. i appreciate the help

2012 Ram 3500. HTT 2nd Gen manifold Swap, HTT s465 Turbo, FASS 150, 6" S&B Intake, 5" TBE, RaceMe programmer, 8 inch tip (dumped over axle) 20x12s on 35s, 6 inch lift, Color match & haloed headlights, 30" lightbar flush mounted in bumper.

2 Sundown audio SD-2 12s and a Soundqubed Q1-1200d amp.

2000 s10 xtreme *SOLD*

1zh2yaf-1.png

Thanks for the response man. i appreciate the help

No problem :good:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

IBleedMusik, are you using the Clarion MCD360 on these and if so how do you like it? I'm still trying to decide on a x-over for these but want to make sure I find one that is going to do what I need it to. I'm going to be putting 4 of these Focals in each door along with 2 PPI PT.2 tweets in each door and possibly a 5.25" or 2 per door just because I already have them.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

IBleedMusik, are you using the Clarion MCD360 on these and if so how do you like it? I'm still trying to decide on a x-over for these but want to make sure I find one that is going to do what I need it to. I'm going to be putting 4 of these Focals in each door along with 2 PPI PT.2 tweets in each door and possibly a 5.25" or 2 per door just because I already have them.

Yes I am using the MCD360 and I like it a lot. My amp doesn't go high enough so I needed and it is clean the tweets and speakers can get up there with ease.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Thanks. I think I'm going to go that route instead of the Kicker KX3 then. Seeing as you are running these Focal's and the same tweets I'm going to be, what are your thoughts on sticking some 5.25's in there too? Do you think it's necessary or do the Focal's and PPI's pretty much cover everything?

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Thanks. I think I'm going to go that route instead of the Kicker KX3 then. Seeing as you are running these Focal's and the same tweets I'm going to be, what are your thoughts on sticking some 5.25's in there too? Do you think it's necessary or do the Focal's and PPI's pretty much cover everything?

The focals and the tweets handle what I am throwing at them nicely. I would love to add the 5.25" focals so that I can dedicate the 6.5's to more midbass, I had to bring the cross up to 80hz because on higher volumes they were getting stinky never cut out but I just got worried about them. But I think if I would have brought down the cross and the power a bit then they would have been great. Mine are seeing rms right now and like I said down to 63hz they are getting it in, the tweets don't come in until 3100hz and I honestly don't feel like I am lacking except my sub is set at 56hz and there is now a gap from 56 to 80. I still haven't decided if I will just go back down and let them beat out and see how long they last before they blow up. This is a temp set up so I may give it a try before I start my rebuild. At 25/40 they are loud as Fawk and clean, at 29/40 they begin to get a little stinky still loud still clean, my HU is clean up to 34/40 but I haven't gone that high often. I may see what happens soon. The tweets were seeing that volume when I had the seleniums and they hung in there like champs.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived