Second Skin Audio

2 15 mayhem box design help accepting all suggestions

I have a 1992 Mazda 323 that I have been piecing together for the last few months. I have been through a few prefab enclosures but I cannot determine what kind of final design I want. I am taking all advice and opinions.

I have 2 15" Mayhem's and 2 Sundown SAZ 3000D. I plan on running 1 amp to 1 sub at .5 ohms unless I will benefit from strapping (never done it before)

100_2852.jpg

100_2884.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

100_3046.jpg

Edited by varietyguy

don't mind the pics too much. I just wanted to give everybody an idea of what I'm working with.

Other key points in the build are:

2 alternators totaling 250 amps

2 kinetik 2400's

2 runs of 0 gauge.

and of course a line driver.

I am wanting to go more for the spl side. with all paneling and trim put in, my car peaked at 55hz doing a 144.8 off of both subs and 1 amp.

My current ideas are:

1. keep subs in hatch and retain normal use of car (very hard to do. leaves approx 6 cubes total volume for box.)

2. Build a wall

3. custom fit a box from b pillar to back hatch staying at the window line. (leaning towards this)

I also am trying to get specs or possibly find someone to build the enclosure.

I was going to do a wall if I bought 18in baskets and recones. (still looking for them, Ascendant audio isn't so good on returning emails and answering their phone...not bashing)

Would their really be a significant difference between walling and running a full spec box not walled?

Strapping is simply doubling the power at twice the impedance. So you'd see 6k @ 1 ohm. The bad, you risk blowing both amps instead of just one if you get gain-happy..

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Id ask alpine what he thinks.

But my guess would be 7.4 after with 18sqin per.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz