SojiaRaggs9000 Posted November 27, 2011 Report Posted November 27, 2011 He does have a good job and didnt care what or how many tickets he had, but he did get his truck impounded (no not crushed.) Im just saying if the OP wants to get plenty of tickets, then green lights is the way to go. /rant. First offense is $250.... x 15 = $3750., They probably impounded his truck because his truck because he didn't pay his tickets. That "good job" must not be working out. Actually only $140 here each, the only reason they did impound his truck was because he told them he wasnt going to take them out. Makes sense lol. * Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver * One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator * KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold
armykyle1 Posted November 28, 2011 Author Report Posted November 28, 2011 I guess everyone missed the point of this thread. Yes I know the higher kelvin rating(above 5800) you begin to loose light output. I'm not worried about the light output of the fog lights. I have more than enough output from my headlights. 8k fogs will not match, since I'm running 55w ballast. The color is closer to that of 5k, there's no blue and no yellow in them. I had matching headlights/fog lights. It was cool, I want something different. I've got ballast already, blubs can be had for 15 bucks, if I don't like them, then its not a huge loss.... TEAM XS POWERTEAM HEAVY HERTZMy build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194454-e46-bmw-build-pos/#entry2914134youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1big build starting
armykyle1 Posted November 28, 2011 Author Report Posted November 28, 2011 bulbs ordered, 15 shipped, I don't like them, I'll get the yellows, if not them, then I'll run 5k I'll post pics when I get them TEAM XS POWERTEAM HEAVY HERTZMy build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194454-e46-bmw-build-pos/#entry2914134youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1big build starting
EricM9104 Posted November 28, 2011 Report Posted November 28, 2011 stick with some nice 7-8k and make them match. 30k? that is just tacky. I have always been down with H.I.D.s and i dont even mind the stock housings......but when you people roll by with pink or green headlights, you are definitely looking like a clown. Its too much. not to mention the immense amount of glare from green... might have just been cause of my low car and tacoma behind me was lifted with 30k hid's... 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
vettedude102 Posted November 28, 2011 Report Posted November 28, 2011 A bunch of people have purple red yellow whatever color headlights around here. Its mostly ricers. They say it's jdm. Haven't ever seen green. Hope you like em. 2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette 2003 corvette z06 alpine radio and the bose system that came stock
BCarter Posted November 28, 2011 Report Posted November 28, 2011 If you want functionality it's best to do 5/6K low beams with 3-6K fogs. 3K will pick up better in foggy weather; where 5/6K will show better down the road during normal conditions. Eye Kandy Kustomz 2414 E. Napoleon St. Sulphur, LA 70663 (337)313-3121 [email protected] Eye Kandy Kustomz Page My Page
armykyle1 Posted November 28, 2011 Author Report Posted November 28, 2011 Edit TEAM XS POWERTEAM HEAVY HERTZMy build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194454-e46-bmw-build-pos/#entry2914134youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1big build starting
armykyle1 Posted November 28, 2011 Author Report Posted November 28, 2011 Like I said in the first post, its for looks. I have plenty of light output from my headlights. Glare won't be AB issue. Fog lights are are only 4" from the ground or 5, plus my headlights will over power them. The bulbs are cheap enough, to where I can play with various colors. Yes yellow fog lights is typical for JDM cars. My car isn't a "JDM" car but I like the way it looks. And I think green would match good since the car is green. It's an easy task. Only take 15min for me to swap them out. And if a cop doesn't like them, he'll tell me to turn them off. You get warnings here, and I won't be running them every time I'm driving. Plus having an Iraq veteran tag gets you out of shit. Pics will be up later this week. Should have them for Friday at the latest TEAM XS POWERTEAM HEAVY HERTZMy build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194454-e46-bmw-build-pos/#entry2914134youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1big build starting
armykyle1 Posted November 28, 2011 Author Report Posted November 28, 2011 And for the ppl thinking why do it, since ot doesn't have any functionality, why do most ppl put rims on their cars? For looks. 24s and shit just make you slower and kill gas mileage. I got the rims I have now for their lighter weight and better handling due to running low profiles. TEAM XS POWERTEAM HEAVY HERTZMy build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194454-e46-bmw-build-pos/#entry2914134youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1big build starting
armykyle1 Posted December 4, 2011 Author Report Posted December 4, 2011 they're in! They look alright, I tried to do the running light conversion, but no luck. It's controlled by the PCM, and I have no idea which wires I need to re-run so I can keep it all factory. But I'm going to pick up a switch and and wire it into the fog light relay. and still keep it clean. It looks good w/o head lights on a few pics sorry the pics suck, but My evo won't focus anymore so I had to use my crackberry. TEAM XS POWERTEAM HEAVY HERTZMy build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194454-e46-bmw-build-pos/#entry2914134youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1big build starting
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.