Sonic Electronix

Can you ever have to small of a ground?

So guess i have bigger problems, cut some of the power wire to create a ground, still not working, i have the remote hooked up the ground is secure, and the power on the negative battery post, am i doing something wrong!? :o

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Yes. Using small grounds can fry your amps, or they just wont turn on. But it also depends on how much power you are trying to run. And the distance. Always grind down the surface you are attaching the ground to. I was always told, Your ground is actually more important, then your power wire. ( Is this true? )

And does your power wire have a Inline fuse? Is the fuse blown? Did you forget to connect it at the battery, Or put the fuse in. Is your ground sufficient enough? Is the remote wire you are using live, Meaning does it have power? Theres some things you can check.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

When grounding your amp, make sure you match up the power to the wire size, and that will give you the min wire to ground with, *HINT* The bigger the ground the better the connection. Just saying..Also make sure you ground to metal frame.

Edited by fastlane

Audio Element Designs "A new level of Sound"