Voltage dropping

Got a Mechman 270 3 xs d3100s and a d3400 under the hood while my blazer is idling voltage will drop to 13.9-14volts and I'm unsure why.

Happened since I strapped my second DC 3.5k and voltage seems to act weird driving also won't go over 14.5 or so and was set to charge at 14.7-.8 and cold start is still 14.9-15.1 for first minute or 2 any ideas?

I know voltage should drop some but not to 13.9 I wouldn't think and only been since the amp has been strapped

thats strange have you tried unstrapping just to see if it goes back up? maybe its a bad part in a amp drawing to much power? thats just a stab in the dark

I would check your wiring, and your charging system. Make sure your batteries are wired in right and giving a balanced power output. You should really consider putting in a second alt. BTW what size wire are you running from engine up front to your rear Batteries? Also, you should unstrap the second DC 3.5k amp and see if things balance out.. if you started having problems after you strapped the 2nd 3.5k then chances are you should start there bro. Make sure everything is matched up and have the proper wire Gage. Check ea amp too. Let us know what happens!!

Good Luck hope you fix it..

Edited by fastlane

Audio Element Designs "A new level of Sound"

I would check your wiring, and your charging system. Make sure your batteries are wired in right and giving a balanced power output. You should really consider putting in a second alt. BTW what size wire are you running from engine up front to your rear Batteries? Also, you should unstrap the second DC 3.5k amp and see if things balance out.. if you started having problems after you strapped the 2nd 3.5k then chances are you should start there bro. Make sure everything is matched up and have the proper wire Gage. Check ea amp too. Let us know what happens!!

Good Luck hope you fix it..

best suggession i reccomend this !!! do this and let us know what happen ???

RDD *ROHIT DUDEJA DESIGNS*

OK unstrapped 2nd amp and no change, checked all fuses and moved power wires to opposite ends of battery bank no change.

I have 5 runs of shok 1/0 front to back, 3 positive 2 negative.

Checked all Batt's with the truck off all sitting at 13.1 after 4 hours checked everything running to make sure all connections were good and no change all charging at 14.1 and should be set at 14.7-.8 with my avbm will check cold start voltage and I'm going to replace the belt just for kicks in a few hours.

Also checked Alt and said it was charging at 14.1 no load other then headlights