LOWS That'll make you shit on yourself!!!

Mr. 973808

true you won't hear it but you coudl feel  it. I can't hear frequencys below 26 hz( hear test)....... but i can feel those 20 hz so It woudl be cool to play 16 hz  and 36 hz and have them be at teh same volume. for SQL you need to beable to play HZ above 20,000 and below 20 hz because of the harmonics so it is resonable to have something that could play that low

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

Since we are on the subject of very low notes, I want to see someone try this test.... Sure you can tune a box to 16hz, but its hard to find a subs that can play at 16hz, with some serious authority, But what YOU CAN DO..... get 2 seperate boxes, same woofers, calculate some port/box designs, and tune each box 16hz apart.... Every frequency outside of that 16hz spectrum will cancel itself out because of the other frequencies involved. I think it will be better tuned about 10hz off, like 1 box tuned at 30hz, and 1 box at 40hz.... Why do this instead of 16hz? because its alot easier to get a higher spl at a higher frequency,

30hz + 40hz = 10hz peak spl freq....

sounds odd huh?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Oh yeah, 1 more thing... Iam a big Mythbusters fan, I LOVE THAT show. and the Brown Note, I really wish they had me do the testing, because those concert guys didnt know as much as they should have. Being surrounded by 24-36- 18" woofers playing a 7-9-11hz test tones, when the boxes are obviously tuned ALOT higher, like maybe 30-40hz, below that tunning freq, the speakers are only pushing out OUT OF PHASE USELESS AIR.... The sound waves were fighting eachother every way possible.

1) distance from the speaker was way off for 7hz tone, the effective sound wave length is about 40feet long, thats the 1/4 wave, not even the full wave length of 7hz to be effective.

2) Enclosed area, a warehouse would have been the best idea.... AND walled off from the envirnment, 40 feet long

Basically saying, The brown note would be best tested in the opening port end of a 7hz t-line subwoofer enclosure.... Which is insanely huge

I do believe the Brown note is possible, because I ALMOST experienced it one time, laying on a box with 2 15"s made out of a Ultra Light MDF, which was very flexible, vibrated my whole body, and got me very nasous (spelling) and made me want to vomit among other things

Sorry about being so long, just had to get that off my chest

8)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

That guy wants to tune his box to 16hz and wants to know if 35-36hz  :owill pound if his box is tuned to 16. He doesn't want to pound at 16hz.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

I need glasses ;)

But if he wants to tune at 16hz, and pound at 35hz, just use a 35hz bass boost, and he can tune it as low as he wants, wont kill anything, becuase the box will still be playing 35hz more, just cuz of the boost. But when there is a bass line below hearing, that car will vibrate like a mad man.

and yeah, should still pound at 35hz, even tho tuned at 16hz, but on a Impedance graph, and a mic test, the graphs would look odd

sundown.jpg

one of my home audio sub configs I use a 20hz 3db bass boost, and a 10" with a 10" super high excursion passive radiator that has a Fs of 17hz  8)

explosions sound awesome when I hook that one up

but for now just the 40hz bandpass which shakes the house even more, and has like 3 times the output

sundown.jpg

Archived