i-8bGmP3n-M.jpg

Have you noticed the "500 WATT" mini amps on eBay? In most cases, these mini amps are under $20 US shipped. So, how can they make such a small amp so inexpensive and so powerful? Well, first of all, don't always believe output power specs unless more details are provided.

For example, the Kinter MA-150 has a big, silk-screened "500 Watts" on the heatsink. One might think since someone took the time to put such a rating on an amp, there would be some truth to it, right? Well, not necessarily...The MA-150 doesn't mention any RMS wattage output rating, so one is to assume the 500 watts is legit.

Well, my friends, don't fool yourself! This $15 amp is NO 500 Watt amp. In fact, the most power I could squeeze out of it (with distortion galore) was about 30 watts. This was 30 Watts combining BOTH channels!

Watch the video to see the full measurements. I used my SMD DD-1 and Velleman HPS50 to measure everything from unloaded Voltage output to resistive loads from 8 ohms down to 2 ohms.

I bought several of these "mini" amps off eBay and plan on testing them in upcoming videos. I'm just hoping to inform those who may not understand why one "500 Watt" amp can be $15 and another can be $250. POWA TO THE PEOPLE!!

See the video below:

See my playlist of the other amps from the

-BigDWiz

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

(Genuine comment)

Thanks for taking the time to insert some video common sense into this crazt world. C/S seems so lacking, maybe this will help a few folks not get ripped off.

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

Only the Sounddigital 250.2 puts out amazing power for the footprint it has.

Every amp below 100 is total garbage.

Every person knowing little about car audio should know it's not worth the money.

And it even says on one of the amps themselves 20w RMS.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Only the Sounddigital 250.2 puts out amazing power for the footprint it has.

Every amp below 100 is total garbage.

Every person knowing little about car audio should know it's not worth the money.

And it even says on one of the amps themselves 20w RMS.

Yes, the SounDigital SD250.2D and Rockford PBR series are some serious mini amps! I guess my point of doing these videos is to show you get what you pay for. Sure, we know the difference, but there are many people out there who don't...

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

lol, dont lie to these people, the sound was comeing from those headphones, not the speakers :peepwall::lol:

ive always wanted to see one of these in action, if there not to much, try one of those t-amps from parts express

anyways good reviews :drinks:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif