Ok guys, I just aquired a older .22 Long rifle and i thought i would clean it up a bit. Its nothing special but it could make a decent little project.

So here it is a sears roebuck 6c also known as a Winchester cooey 64b ( from some research)

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

The guy i picked it up from said it fired but needs a magazine.

What i wanna do first is clean it up, the stock needs to be refinished, all the metal parts could use a cleaning. Here is the thing, Never done something like this so i would like some ideas, The stock i was thinking clean it up, sand it down, re-stain and seal.

The metal parts however i have no idea what would clean them up pretty good.

The only gun i have ever broke down was my neighbors old sks. Shot dozens of guns buy never had something i could work at.

If anyone has some pointers, Ideas on what i can do i would appreciate it.

Rusty Duck spray will help clean up the blued metal parts, although from those pics its looks like the finish is pretty beat and would probably truly benefit from a re-bluing to look good again.

You could also clean it up to the best of your abilities, and take some stell wool to it, whatever to clean it up and remove the bluing, and go with a product like duracoat from Lauer weaponry... duracoat is a tough, spray on finish available in just about any color you could imagine. it is east to apply, looks good, and is pretty long lasting.

As for the stock, its only wood...sand it down and re finish it with the product of your choice, stain it whatever color you like, and then poly it. or use something like tounge oil or something similar. hand rubbed oil finishes always look killer on gun stocks.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

When you do the stock, do it right and put a good 4 layers of poly on it and make sure it cures for a good 24 in a controlled room like your basement or something. I built a stool from steel and used white ash for the top and I think I used 3 coats of stain and 4 or 5 layers of poly on it and the top looks as smooth as glass now biggrin.gif

Thanks man

IMAG0165.jpg

Just broke her down, called my buddy and he took a look at is and said it would look killer reblued so i am going that route. Think i might start sanding it down tonight.