electrical system overhaul

Real soon i'm going to be upgrading my whole electrical and I have a few questions.

Anyone have different suggestions on how to write this? I just plan on single runs of 1/0 to everything and just grounding the second battery to the frame not running a ground from battery to battery.

1) is a 270A alt w/ D2700 under hood and aD3100 in the back enough to support 5K RMS?

2) do you just run a 0/1 with a ring terminal on it from the front battery to the rear to connect the batteries

3) my truck already had the big 3, do I just keep it how its wired now with the extra run and stock worrying?

4) what size fuses from

-alt to main bat

- main bat to rear bat

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

Real soon i'm going to be upgrading my whole electrical and I have a few questions.

Anyone have different suggestions on how to write this? I just plan on single runs of 1/0 to everything and just grounding the second battery to the frame not running a ground from battery to battery.

1) is a 270A alt w/ D2700 under hood and aD3100 in the back enough to support 5K RMS?

2) do you just run a 0/1 with a ring terminal on it from the front battery to the rear to connect the batteries

3) my truck already had the big 3, do I just keep it how its wired now with the extra run and stock worrying?

4) what size fuses from

-alt to main bat

- main bat to rear bat

your going to need prolly another 3100

AT LEAST 2 runs of power wire from front to back batts.

2 runs of ground from front to back batt.

frame ground on all bats.

2) yes

3)just keep big 3 the way it is. unless its anything less than 1/0

4) no need for fuse to alt

and 2 fuses per run. (one up front and one in the back before the battery.) 300A is a good fuse size.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Archived