Second Skin Audio

couple questions about deadener

well. you could get some spectrum and spray the bottom if it makes you feel any better. lol that would help.

but a pack of alpha damp would be nice to put on back wall and all doors. you do not have to do 100 percent coverage by any means. one pack of alpha will make a world of a difference. the roof should be made strong on that new of a truck but i could be wrong. it couldnt hurt though to throw a couple sheets up there if you have any to spare.

a seperate pack of damp pro door pack would make a perfect team. just depends on how far you want to go. have you ever watched this vid?

wow! definitely hadnt seen that video before but man thats crazy the difference!!!

The metal on this truck is thin as shit, im really disapointed in that. So alpha damp on the rear wall and roof and doors. Ill mearue the truck tomorrow and see what kind of space im talking about covering. I have about 20 ft of dynamatt left over from doing my dads hotrod i could use to put on the floor if it bothered me lol

Edited by SS4Luck

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

So I understand stop rattles yada yada but.I'm getting ready to start a DC build and want this to be above average install/material wise.

1) what exactly does deadener help do besides stop the ugly noise outside

2) I know everyone loves second skin and Ive never heard anything bad about it so what product exactly should I look into?

3) I don't have enough to do the whole truck can in one go, so what's the most critical areas? It'll be subs up port forward

Thanks guys, I'm a big noob at this level

Sorry for the late response time, been busy today.

1. The main reasoning behind using deadener is to get rid of the strutter-bornce noise found inside vehicles. This noise comes from a multitude of sources, including the engine, transmission, road and tire, exhaust, etc.. You get rid of these vibrations (which causes the noise) you create a much quieter and better listening environment.

2. Depends on the vehicle and goal. The vibration mats and liquids are used to control panel resonance/vibrations but won't actually stop or block air-borne sound/noise which can be caused by exhaust, road, and tire noise, as well as wind. For this type of noise, use of an actual barrier is needed, something like mass loaded vinyl.

3. Just like several other members have said, there is no need to go balls out and do 100% coverage. 25% is really all that is needed.

Doors are my first area to treat, followed by the floor, and roof. In a truck I would do the back wall right after doing the doors.

And thank you guys for the awesome input, makes my job just that much easier! ;)

Damn you get paid to surf the forums all day? SWEEET.

...on the side did the Singapore distributor contact you guys for some alpha damp pro? Not sure if he can be trusted yet and I need the things now. Feel free to PM to prevent further thread jack :peepwall:

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

So I understand stop rattles yada yada but.I'm getting ready to start a DC build and want this to be above average install/material wise.

1) what exactly does deadener help do besides stop the ugly noise outside

2) I know everyone loves second skin and Ive never heard anything bad about it so what product exactly should I look into?

3) I don't have enough to do the whole truck can in one go, so what's the most critical areas? It'll be subs up port forward

Thanks guys, I'm a big noob at this level

Sorry for the late response time, been busy today.

1. The main reasoning behind using deadener is to get rid of the strutter-bornce noise found inside vehicles. This noise comes from a multitude of sources, including the engine, transmission, road and tire, exhaust, etc.. You get rid of these vibrations (which causes the noise) you create a much quieter and better listening environment.

2. Depends on the vehicle and goal. The vibration mats and liquids are used to control panel resonance/vibrations but won't actually stop or block air-borne sound/noise which can be caused by exhaust, road, and tire noise, as well as wind. For this type of noise, use of an actual barrier is needed, something like mass loaded vinyl.

3. Just like several other members have said, there is no need to go balls out and do 100% coverage. 25% is really all that is needed.

Doors are my first area to treat, followed by the floor, and roof. In a truck I would do the back wall right after doing the doors.

And thank you guys for the awesome input, makes my job just that much easier! ;)

...on the side did the Singapore distributor contact you guys for some alpha damp pro? Not sure if he can be trusted yet and I need the things now. Feel free to PM to prevent further thread jack :peepwall:

He does lots more than just forum surf. Lol email and see. He is all over the place

He does lots more than just forum surf. Lol email and see. He is all over the place

I wish all I did was surf the web all day, that would be fun... boring but fun.

No I do a bit of everything, graphics, technical gibberish, customer service, and anything else Ken and Max can think of.

Right now I've been working on our new instructions for the products since they're a bit out of date.

As for our Singapore distributor (Antonie I assume?), I do not know as I am not the one who deals with our dealers/distributors. I would say shoot an email to them and ask.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I wish all I did was surf the web all day, that would be fun... boring but fun.

No I do a bit of everything, graphics, technical gibberish, customer service, and anything else Ken and Max can think of.

Right now I've been working on our new instructions for the products since they're a bit out of date.

As for our Singapore distributor (Antonie I assume?), I do not know as I am not the one who deals with our dealers/distributors. I would say shoot an email to them and ask.

done deal

thanks

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order