Second Skin Audio

couple questions about deadener

So I understand stop rattles yada yada but.I'm getting ready to start a DC build and want this to be above average install/material wise.

1) what exactly does deadener help do besides stop the ugly noise outside

2) I know everyone loves second skin and Ive never heard anything bad about it so what product exactly should I look into?

3) I don't have enough to do the whole truck can in one go, so what's the most critical areas? It'll be subs up port forward

Thanks guys, I'm a big noob at this level

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

You could cover like 25% and it will stop alot of the rattles, reminds me of when they did the tests with 25% coverage gave pretty good results.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Dunno about that car, my 99 explorer works nice with deadning everywhere except the hatch, i applied a couple of layers on it and lost 1.3 dbs and was way louder before, i had to removed that same night lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

the stuff is real nice. and alpha damp would be the route to go with. apply maybe 50-80% covered and you will be good. how big of a build are you doing?

whats your budget for sound deadener? but the back wall, roof, doors. you know anywhere metal is more open than say your floor unless you have the extra green

Right now I have about $175. The build is going to be two XL 15s @ 2500RMS ea in a 7^3 box in the back seat.

Eventually I plan on doing the whole truck cab if thats what is recommended. The whole think rattles and sound like asshole with just my L7s right now I can only imagine when i add better woofers and multiply the power x 5 lol.

The truck is a crew cab with the woofers bolted to the floor in place of 1/3 of the back seat behing the driver.

I figured the rear wall and rear doors. I was wondering about roof/firewall/floor mainly. If its worth it to make it sound better/louder/quieter from the outside ill do the whole truck lol

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

well. you could get some spectrum and spray the bottom if it makes you feel any better. lol that would help.

but a pack of alpha damp would be nice to put on back wall and all doors. you do not have to do 100 percent coverage by any means. one pack of alpha will make a world of a difference. the roof should be made strong on that new of a truck but i could be wrong. it couldnt hurt though to throw a couple sheets up there if you have any to spare.

a seperate pack of damp pro door pack would make a perfect team. just depends on how far you want to go. have you ever watched this vid?

So I understand stop rattles yada yada but.I'm getting ready to start a DC build and want this to be above average install/material wise.

1) what exactly does deadener help do besides stop the ugly noise outside

2) I know everyone loves second skin and Ive never heard anything bad about it so what product exactly should I look into?

3) I don't have enough to do the whole truck can in one go, so what's the most critical areas? It'll be subs up port forward

Thanks guys, I'm a big noob at this level

Sorry for the late response time, been busy today.

1. The main reasoning behind using deadener is to get rid of the strutter-bornce noise found inside vehicles. This noise comes from a multitude of sources, including the engine, transmission, road and tire, exhaust, etc.. You get rid of these vibrations (which causes the noise) you create a much quieter and better listening environment.

2. Depends on the vehicle and goal. The vibration mats and liquids are used to control panel resonance/vibrations but won't actually stop or block air-borne sound/noise which can be caused by exhaust, road, and tire noise, as well as wind. For this type of noise, use of an actual barrier is needed, something like mass loaded vinyl.

3. Just like several other members have said, there is no need to go balls out and do 100% coverage. 25% is really all that is needed.

Doors are my first area to treat, followed by the floor, and roof. In a truck I would do the back wall right after doing the doors.

And thank you guys for the awesome input, makes my job just that much easier! ;)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png