So for the fourth time in two weeks my car's died and i've had to get a jump. The battery is a durlast not sure what it's resting at right now, will check soon. But playing music for 2-3 min in accesories, with bass adjustments on the deck in the negative, and the volume around 10 out of 60 it won't start after. So i try to make sure i don't play my music on accesories simple as that. The past three times i've left my lights on for eh. 5-10 min while i went to get something. I get in the car and it won't start up. So my question is after the big three upgrade,what battery would be efficient enough to put under the hood to help me support my DC level 3, being pushed around 750-800 watts and not die after a minute of accidently leaving the headlights on. Thanks fellers

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Also, have you done the big 3? Would be something to look at. Test from the alt+ to engine block with a dmm and make sure your charge voltage is ok. then measure across the battery while the car's running. It SHOULD be about the same, maybe 0.1 off. This is what made my batteries keep dying a couple of months ago. Bad engine block ground.

Edited by Lbox88

drop a yellow top in there... or get the biggest XS batt u can fit.

It's all your fault.. you gave me that beast of a sub haha cheers mate. :drinks: i have not done the big three yet still waitin on some 1/0 gauge wire to do it. So after i replace this battery, depending on what kind it is most likely XS would i have to put another battery to help support the system?

Edited by TheNewbie

Check out my build log:

haha yeah my bad. lol... you will be fine with 1. D3400 i say. with big 3.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Alright, sounds good.. thanks guys, one last question. Seeing this i would assume my voltage is dropping pretty low. With the big 3, and the other battery will this help the sub be louder? Pretty loud already but im always up for more bass :yahoo:

Check out my build log:

it sounds like your batt was bad... or when you left ur lights on and killed ur batt, u didnt give it enough time to re-charge. Let ur car run for a while and let it re-charge and you might be good for now. Do it before you buy another batt. it might work for ya until you can get the money for another batt.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

How long should i leave it for? Im pretty sure the batt is bad because the guy i bought it from sold me the car with jumper cables inside of it. haha. But better electical = more bass?! :peepwall:

Check out my build log:

i would leave it for like 20-30 minutes. i have never had to do it but i know thats what ur suppose to do.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU