Sonic Electronix

Everytime I hook up my power wire from my amp to my battery it drops my voltage under 10 and my power gets really hot and starts to melt the wire.. I don't think its the amp it's only a 1600 watt cx750 boss amp .. Much help needed

If It's Not Skar It Shouldnt be in your Car!

skarsig1-1.jpg

SKAR AUDIO FTW!

sounds like the amp is shorting out.. Make sure no wire strands are sticking out of the power and ground terminals

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

Everytime I hook up my power wire from my amp to my battery it drops my voltage under 10 and my power gets really hot and starts to melt the wire.. I don't think its the amp it's only a 1600 watt cx750 boss amp .. Much help needed

Check all your grounds. A bad ground can cause more resistance in the system. Make sure your amp ground has been sanded down to bare metal and that it is tight. No movement from the cable or the bolt.

As stated above check all the strands too. Put a piece of electrical tape inbetween your power and ground cables at the amp.

99 Ford Ranger Reg Cab

h/u- alpine cde 9874

speakers- front type r, rear type s (6x8 coax)

amps- alpine ktp-445 (doors), alpine mrx-m100 (sub)

sub- Fi Q 12" high QTS and p-chamfer 8awg leads

box- sealed ~1.1cu ft box stuffed with polyfil

electrical- stock battery, explorer 140amp alt, 4awg throughout

Archived