Flame thrower exhaust experiment problem!!

my friend just took his cat out but hollowing it out would work also and left his o2 sensor and his truck runs rich doesnt' affect gas milage to awful bad he doesn't have a flame thrower but as rich as his smelt it should work maybe?

my friend just took his cat out but hollowing it out would work also and left his o2 sensor and his truck runs rich doesnt' affect gas milage to awful bad he doesn't have a flame thrower but as rich as his smelt it should work maybe?

What about something like an O2 bypass switch that kills the O2 when i wanna flame it up and turn it back on when i dont??

Cuz i really dont wanna mess with my cat..cuz i would have to cut it out and junk and i put headers and awhole new piping front to back like a year ago with new muffler and am in love with the way it sounds now. Dont wanna mess with the purr/growl of the burban haha.

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

What about something like an O2 bypass switch that kills the O2 when i wanna flame it up and turn it back on when i dont??

that sounds like a very good idea but idk how it would work bc the switch might add resistance which would affect how the o2 operates i would think i can't say that for sure. it may be so lil of an effect it doesn't matter i have no idea??? but i know the o2 works on a return voltage from the o2 sensor at least on your model im pretty sure it does

edit: im in school to be mechanic so im just learning this stuff i could be totally wrong

that sounds like a very good idea but idk how it would work bc the switch might add resistance which would affect how the o2 operates i would think i can't say that for sure. it may be so lil of an effect it doesn't matter i have no idea??? but i know the o2 works on a return voltage from the o2 sensor at least on your model im pretty sure it does

edit: im in school to be mechanic so im just learning this stuff i could be totally wrong

So do u think that would work???

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

Try these: http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=355&catid=22

Add them in between the O2 sensor and exhaust. That'll make it a lot less likely for the O2 sensor to pickup the unburnt fuel.

Or it could be that the ECU is recognizing that the ignition is going dead so it automatically shuts of fuel too. How are you killing the ignition?

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

hmmmmm id rather not say yes it will without askin my teacher but if yours is the single wire o2 sensor and runs off voltage like i think it does i don't see why it wouldn't but like i said i don't want to say that and it be wrong without askin my teacher or someone more knowledgeable then myself like ray or someone

Oh... Don't try to disable the O2 sensors electronically. You'll get CELs and all kinds of problems. But if you use those adapters, the O2 sensors will think things are fine. even if there is unburnt fuel present.

ALSO>>> Catalytic converters WILL burn up if there is a load of unburnt fuel going through the exhaust.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Oh... Don't try to disable the O2 sensors electronically. You'll get CELs and all kinds of problems. But if you use those adapters, the O2 sensors will think things are fine. even if there is unburnt fuel present.

ALSO>>> Catalytic converters WILL burn up if there is a load of unburnt fuel going through the exhaust.

ty i knew someone with more knowledge would chime in thank god :good:

Archived