Second Skin Audio

Sub barely moves?

I got my Fi X12 on friday and put it in today along with my amp but my sub is REALLY quiet.. I think my rear speakers are pushin out more bass lol. Its like a didnt even have a sub in... I was messing with the amp settings and I could get it a little louder but still not what it should be doing. If i turn my gains all the way up it starts slammin way good but I know that your not suppose to have your gains up all the way. (Dont worry i turned it back down to 0) Is there something im supose to do to get it moviing good? I got an AQ750 feeding it 500w..so I dont really know whats goin on xD.

Fi X12

AQ750

Pioneer DEH-6300B h/u

if your gain is set at 0 then that is your problem. it has to be up a little bit for the sub to get any power.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

cant set ur gains with a Dmm....

Really? i've seen several guides showing how to do it with one o.O. its not the best way but its better than doing it by ear right?

If you dont know what ur doing then you cant do it. I would listen to OrionStang... he knows more than me. lol.... Make sure everything is hooked up right. I think that if ur LPF is too low it wont send any of those normal bass signals to your sub.... not sure on that though...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Archived