Satin Black+Candy Red Marbalized Rims!!!

I just tought of doing a ghost marble effect. I will do a small sample spray out in a few minutes.

I will use these steps:

black base

Gold pearl mixed with intercoat clear

give desired effect

spray kandy

then clear

I hope that the color looks black until the pearl kicks in, then it will give a bright red.

I'll be back in a few minutes with some pics!!!

omg gogogogoggo :) lol

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

So it didn't come out as I was hoping but it looks sick none the less.Now onto the pics.

Black base

CIMG4688.jpg

Now for the pearl (used instead of the marblizer)

Pearl

CIMG4696.jpg

Binder (intercoat clear)

CIMG4694.jpg

I then sprayed the pearl and wrinked it using masking film I had laying around.

CIMG4697.jpg

CIMG4698.jpg

If I were to do it again I would do my pearl mix less concentrated.

Then the kandy.

CIMG4703.jpg

Here it is after a few coats of kandy (about 4-5 heavy coats)

Without any direct sunlight it kinda looks black.

CIMG4724.jpg

CIMG4725.jpg

CIMG4726.jpg

CIMG4727.jpg

But as soon as the sun hits it BAM! it is bright as hell.

Untitled.png

CIMG4733.jpg

CIMG4731.jpg

CIMG4730.jpg

CIMG4729.jpg

These pics are without clear because I would have needed to spray on a bunch of coats to burry the texture created by the marble effect!

Here is a short vid that shows how nice it pops when the sunlight hit it.

http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r362/cpt_cutty/?action=view&current=CIMG4716.mp4

PS:

If I were to chose from the traditional marblizer or this method, I would go with this one in a heartbeat.

So it didn't come out as I was hoping but it looks sick none the less.Now onto the pics.

http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r362/cpt_cutty/?action=view&current=CIMG4716.mp4

PS:

If I were to chose from the traditional marblizer or this method, I would go with this one in a heartbeat.

You do good sir, you do good. :hi:

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Omg I want mine to do that! Lol

Just tell your painter to use over reduced pearl/intercoat clear instead of the marblizer and the rest is pretty much the same!

Also, I think this would suit you car perfect because the rims would look black like the rest of the car.

Until the sun hits them that is!!!!!

Black base

CIMG4688.jpg

Now for the pearl (used instead of the marblizer)

Pearl

CIMG4696.jpg

Binder (intercoat clear)

CIMG4694.jpg

I then sprayed the pearl and wrinked it using masking film I had laying around.

CIMG4697.jpg

CIMG4698.jpg

If I were to do it again I would do my pearl mix less concentrated.

Then the kandy.

CIMG4703.jpg

Here it is after a few coats of kandy (about 4-5 heavy coats)

Without any direct sunlight it kinda looks black.

CIMG4724.jpg

CIMG4725.jpg

CIMG4726.jpg

CIMG4727.jpg

But as soon as the sun hits it BAM! it is bright as hell.

Untitled.png

CIMG4733.jpg

CIMG4731.jpg

CIMG4730.jpg

CIMG4729.jpg

These pics are without clear because I would have needed to spray on a bunch of coats to burry the texture created by the marble effect!

PS:

You do good sir, you do good. :hi:

THanks bro, I appreciate that ;)

Not a huge paint guy but are there any gold pearls you guys suggest? I'm going to be using it with HOK Interclear and then a HOK Kandy apple red over that. Should pop it real nice

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

I love that look! How do you think it would be with the kandy sprayed over a silver pearl? Or does the gold make it pop like that?

From my experience the slver pearl doesnt have much flop, it will usually overpower the base color beneath and change the tome.

For example some new cars are shot black with silver pearl to achieve a metalic charcoal look.

So whatever color you shoot it over it will look like the color beneath but cloudy.

Not a huge paint guy but are there any gold pearls you guys suggest? I'm going to be using it with HOK Interclear and then a HOK Kandy apple red over that. Should pop it real nice

I've used a couple brands PPG, Omni, and Transtar . PPG & Omni are in powder form while the Transtar comes like a thick liquid form.Out of these I like PPG the best!

I love that look! How do you think it would be with the kandy sprayed over a silver pearl? Or does the gold make it pop like that?

From my experience the slver pearl doesnt have much flop, it will usually overpower the base color beneath and change the tome.

For example some new cars are shot black with silver pearl to achieve a metalic charcoal look.

So whatever color you shoot it over it will look like the color beneath but cloudy.

I've used a couple brands PPG, Omni, and Transtar . PPG & Omni are in powder form while the Transtar comes like a thick liquid form.Out of these I like PPG the best!

thanks bro I'll look for it :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

Archived