Satin Black+Candy Red Marbalized Rims!!!

I love that look! How do you think it would be with the kandy sprayed over a silver pearl? Or does the gold make it pop like that?

From my experience the slver pearl doesnt have much flop, it will usually overpower the base color beneath and change the tome.

For example some new cars are shot black with silver pearl to achieve a metalic charcoal look.

So whatever color you shoot it over it will look like the color beneath but cloudy.

Not a huge paint guy but are there any gold pearls you guys suggest? I'm going to be using it with HOK Interclear and then a HOK Kandy apple red over that. Should pop it real nice

I've used a couple brands PPG, Omni, and Transtar . PPG & Omni are in powder form while the Transtar comes like a thick liquid form.Out of these I like PPG the best!

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

sick!

125$ or something figured it'd be less lol

Now how do I tell my guy I want it? Like the steps you used

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

sick!

The marblizer is very thin, so he has to do his pearl mix a bit more reduced than usual. then he does the following steps.

no need to shoot black since they're already black to begin with.

Scuff the black paint on the rims with a grey scotch brite & clean.

Spray the over-reduced (thin) pearl mixture and quickly give the marble effect with a plastic bag or whatever your painter decides to use.do this to all four wheels.

Then comes the Kandy red, depending on the streangth or concentration of the Kandy is the amount of coats needed to achieve the color you like.

Finally comes the clear, and youre done.

Usually the marblizer gives the final product some texture kinda like orange peel. So the next day you can give it quick sanding with 1500 grit sandpaper to even it out then a final coat of clear.

PS:

Talk to your painter and ask him if he thinks he can pull this off, That way you don't go out and buy everything and he isn't able to do it. And if he thinks its possible have him do a small spray out before he touches your wheels.This also gives him a chance to familiarize him self a bit with the process and will also allow him to make any changes before he gets to your wheels.

sick!

Yeah its pricey, but this should be enough to do 2 cars.Plus you also need the inter-coat clear (binder) which is another $50.

You can go to your local autobody paint shop and ask them to mix you a quart/or half a gallon (ask your painter how much he will need) of premixed gold pearl,It will be binder with the gold pearl already mixed in, It will be less than 125 and will also save you the money for the inter-coat needed to mix the pearl in.

sick!

Yeah its pricey, but this should be enough to do 2 cars.Plus you also need the inter-coat clear (binder) which is another $50.

You can go to your local autobody paint shop and ask them to mix you a quart/or half a gallon (ask your painter how much he will need) of premixed gold pearl,It will be binder with the gold pearl already mixed in, It will be less than 125 and will also save you the money for the inter-coat needed to mix the pearl in.

Sick! Thanks bro! I appreciate it :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

sick!

Sick! Thanks bro! I appreciate it :)

No problem, LMK if you need more info!

I wish I could afford to do it to my whole car!!!! Lmao

I feel ya bro, I believe most of the cost is for how difficult these paints are compared to a traditional base/clear paint jobs.But also the items needed are pricier and there is more of them, so it all adds up to a big bill.

Question:

Are you getting your rims done at a shop, or is it someone you know that paints?

Archived