Second Skin Audio

LUV single cab box

Luvbehindseatbox.png

Here's a basic design for the box, I'm not sure on the dimensions, as I'm at college and the truck is back home. One thing I know for sure is that the box will be pretty small (guessing about 1 cube per net), what can I do to optimize the little space I have to work with? Subs will be two Skar vvx 12's.

Also, would a slot port(as pictured) or an aero/pvc port be better for this small box.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2008 Toyota Corolla

-Skar VVX 12 D4 (2)-Skar SK1500.1-Pioneer DEH-80prs

Smaller subs in the proper enclosure will sound better than bigger subs choked off in a small enclosure.

I used to have 2 12s in a cheap prefab that was 1.3 cubic feet per sub and it sounded like ass.

Get smaller subs - 10s or 8s IMHO

single 12 ported or go sealed if you want to have two or more 10's/12's.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Aeros are usually the way to go if you're crampt for space.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Thanks guys, I think I'll stick with the 12's, as they'll probably not be in this truck very long. When i get back home I'll do some actual measurements and see how much room I have to work with. I'm mainly doing this for the building experience anyway.

Instead of aeros, how would something like this work?

Luvbehindseatbox2.png

2008 Toyota Corolla

little short on length there I think, but would work fine

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

yeah your port looks really small.

i would do some exterior round or areo port shooting up the top.

Edited by FroznBeavrBALLs

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

I'm sure the port is too short the way I have it drawn, I'm just kinda playing with ideas until I get everything measured up, and I can figure out the tuning and whatnot.

2008 Toyota Corolla

Freakin' Chevy LUV! I've always loved these trucks!

Not second guessing you or trying to change your mind, but I second SNOWDRIFTER. Once upon a time I had 2 12"s in my fullsize 74' Chevy Truck. I did it just because I had to have 2 12s. I would have been much better off going with smaller subs in an appropriately sized box. I once heard 2 8s in a Ranger that would blow your head off.

Still- tuned in! I wanna' know how you are gonna' fit that in there! :popcorn:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Has a lot to do with the subs too though.

For example I have 3x10's (pos old Coustics) in my Dodge 3/4 ton, Brother has 2x JL 10w04's in his F150 (~12 years old now), and friend has 3x JL10's (not sure exact model but brand new) in his '80 Chevy 1/2 ton. All trucks have near same power, enclosure, and cab size, but both the chevy and ford are louder than my dodge lol.

Hammerdown... 1%