Sonic Electronix

Need Help With a Client Install

So I have a client's car that I am working on right now and it isn't anything big or fancy just a simple 4 channel amp and aftermarket speakers all around. Okay so I installed most of the speakers all that's left is the dash which I will get to later. The vehicle is a 2007 Nissan Altima and my issue lies with the amp install. All wires have been run and everything has been connected the customer is using his stock HU so I used a Hi/Lo to grab my signal the issue I'm having is for some reason when I switched the amp on I am getting distortion like crazy and I haven't even cut the gain up yet when I turned the notch slightly the damn amp just cut off. I checked to see if there was a factory amp but the spec sheet does not specify one. If someone could please tell me what the hell is going on with this damn car it's starting to piss me off.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

What line out converter are you using? does it have an "out level"/signal adjust knob

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

look on the hi to low converter..some of them have 2 little knobs on the end..mihgt be under the top cover also..

them 2 knobs adjust its sensitivity.. adjust them and see how that does

also if the= car has a factory amp it might be sending more rms power to that converter than needed.. (most hi lo converters are designed to work with up to 18-20 watts per

Thanks for the info. The Hi/Lo is a no name brand thing looks like it was used be he had it already and refused to buy a new one and yeah it has two knobs and the are both set in the center I didn't mes with them thinking I wouldn't need to until I got the amp running but I can't get that far now because nothing is working. I am unwiring everything now to see if there are any issues my other installer thinks the radio took a shit and is not sending any audio at all. I will put one of my Hi/Lo's on it and see what happens. The spec sheet said no factory amp and we looked around the whole car and I don't see anything that resembles an amp. Once I get it stripped I will take a closer look. Any other suggestions that might help

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived