damn, I want a few of them....

But yeah there are people in the home audio field that are like us people in the car audio field

look at this demo room build, all the underground 18 inch subs in a horn loaded bandpass subwoofer that fires behind and half wave is 10hz, which is insane, plays 10hz louder, than 30hz... This is where these amps would be perfectly fit in....

http://www.royaldevice.com/custom.htm#HORN%20SUBWOOFER

Broken link :(

crxsilogozz5.gif

works fine on my AOL, Firefox, and Explorer

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The SUBWOOFER efficiency is 120dB/ 1 Watt/1 meter. So the need of external regulation to adapt to the remaining audio system. The total electrical capability of the 16 x 48 cm woofers is about 400 W peak power per woofer that means about 400 x 16 = 6400 W peak total (practically uselss). Each woofer features a 100 mm coil. The real maximum power fed to both subhorn measured with an oscilloscope at the highest musical peak was 6 watts per channel when a pair of tube amps were used to drive the 16 LAuras, while up to date the electric power can reach 60 watts per channel using the 4 x 50watts/ch BLU EYES amps. In this conditions, peak levels are much higher and undistorted than any live concert at all. Walls and ceiling seems to fall down, but fortunately don't. The sound pressure is concentrated at the listening point and stopped by a 2 meters high woolglass anechoic wall on the back of the listening position. We should remember that the total diaphragm surface of the woofers is 2.89 square meters (8.67 square feet) and with the drivers horn loaded (not direct radiating), distortion at 60 watts is practically negligible. If for instance the real maximum rated power (6400 watt) would be used the pressure level would reach 160 dB, but I wonder who could survive. Not even the house built in steel & concrete maybe would stand up.

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets