Bakerman Posted December 7, 2011 Report Posted December 7, 2011 Just wondering if you experienced guys know any tips or tricks to make it easier mounting subs in a wall. I don't want to drop anything, and I am by myself. Also, it doesn't seem sensible to use the normal screws when mounting vertical...wouldn't the weight of a serious woofer just pull the screws out of the wall? What would you guys recomend using? Quote
Tarball Posted December 7, 2011 Report Posted December 7, 2011 Just wondering if you experienced guys know any tips or tricks to make it easier mounting subs in a wall. I don't want to drop anything, and I am by myself. Also, it doesn't seem sensible to use the normal screws when mounting vertical...wouldn't the weight of a serious woofer just pull the screws out of the wall? What would you guys recomend using? T Nuts and security bolts/screws When you start. use a couple of studs to get the sub in place. Long flat head screwdrive / prybar of some sort, heck even a tire iron since you are solo you may need the extra leverage. What type of subs are you installing ? Quote CURRENT SYSTEM: Alternator: Stock alt on mids/highs Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v Batteries: (2) XS D1400s Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks Headunit: 80-PRS Sub Amp: DC 5.0k Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal. Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4 Active Components: Mids RE XXX 6.5c Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar) Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab. Build Log If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
Bakerman Posted December 7, 2011 Author Report Posted December 7, 2011 LOL...puttin in some FI BTL's...haven't ordered the recones, yet, but I will either be sticking with 15's or going up to 18's if I can find the room. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.