grill cloth from OLD speakers

Airborne

I have had my eye out for some "old school" grill cloth for the kicks I built for my 51 and am just not into the new stuff. I would rather have something from some old ass speakers. Was hoping someone here would have a line on some old cabs with the grills still on them or maybe something else with that cloth.

I have had my eye out for some "old school" grill cloth for the kicks I built for my 51 and am just not into the new stuff. I would rather have something from some old ass speakers. Was hoping someone here would have a line on some old cabs with the grills still on them or maybe something else with that cloth.

I don't know what area your in, but around here (Tampa fl) they have a store called Jo Ann fabrics that sell's it in black, grey and I believe tan also...

I buy the black all the time.

I would just check at a specialty fabric store...

I'm pretty sure your going to play hell trying to find some in decent condition considering the age of the cloth, if i'm not mistaken your looking for the cloth that has that plaid look to it with nice lines of thread running straight up and down and left to right.

Something like these? http://acoustonespeakercloth.com/ACOU_AMP_CLOTH.asp

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I'm pretty sure your going to play hell trying to find some in decent condition considering the age of the cloth, if i'm not mistaken your looking for the cloth that has that plaid look to it with nice lines of thread running straight up and down and left to right.

Something like these? http://acoustonespeakercloth.com/ACOU_AMP_CLOTH.asp

exactly! But I was oping to find some OG stuff, I like using old parts on the old car. But if I can't find anything I am getting some new stuff.

Archived