a problem alternator

I have a new alternator from powerbastards 220 amp direct fit for a 02 cavailer. Big 3 done all 0 gauge wire upgrade and optima yellow top under the hood.I installed the alternator and the next day i noticed it make a almost chirp/ growl noise from the alt(the belt in not loose), my head lights flickering along with the dash lights, my dd amp started going into protect, and random cluster lights are coming on(track,check engine,ect) Thinking my amp needed checked out cause it was going into protect, and had just bought it used. I sent it to dd. It checked out fine. I had kept my us amps md-42 in the car and put my us amps md1d back in while waiting for the my dd amp. They played fine. So now the lights are still flickering, random lights coming on, checked my voltage and it's very unsteady 12.5 volts @ idle to up over 16volts at highway speed. I learned dd amps go into protect at voltage over 15.3 volts and the us amps play to 16 or 17 volts. So now I think it's the voltage regulator in the alt. I called powerbastards and talked to them, they say it's in the wiring, checked it it's all good. Call them back get ra# by this time with the volume on my head unit on 0 i hear my subs making phantom noises (like a bad rca) going along with the lights flicker. I put my stock alt in and my voltage is stable, lights not flickering, and no noise from the subs. So i send alt to powerbastards, a week later it returns no e mail, no phone call and no info in the box. So thinking it was repaired i put it back in started my car, same shit was happening exact! Now i don't know what to do other than call them back and try again. Other than not buying from powerbastards ever again, can anyone give me advice on this or an opoinion of what can cause this. Thank You!!

set up Alpine 9851, Sundown sax 100.4d, Digital Designs M3A, Incriminator audio components X 2, HCCA Tweeters, 2xDD 3512sc dual .7 coils , H.O 220 amp alt, Optima yellow top under hood, batcap 4000 in the back, Big 3, and all 0 gauge runs. For now but it's never finished!!!

Cheap Chinese components and next to zero output at idle... You get what you pay for unfortunately.

That's got to be the worst $300 I ever spent!! Is it possible to have it rebuilt by a real company? I guess i should have done a little more research. Damn it!!

set up Alpine 9851, Sundown sax 100.4d, Digital Designs M3A, Incriminator audio components X 2, HCCA Tweeters, 2xDD 3512sc dual .7 coils , H.O 220 amp alt, Optima yellow top under hood, batcap 4000 in the back, Big 3, and all 0 gauge runs. For now but it's never finished!!!

keep calling till they answer, get them to take it back, and for them to pay for shipping this time.

mark the box somewhere to see if they reuse it or even open it. as well at the alt itself.

get them to call you when they receive it and tell them you want updates of whatever goes down.

or just call your card holder and refund

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

I have received a email from them it said I'm stuck with a high price paper weight!! I have not put a extra ground on. But I did do the big 3. That alt. was jacked up within seconds of starting the car. Without any audio on! In the email he said I must be pushing it past it's limits!! Live and learn!! I will try and take it some where to be fixed! Unfourtnutely by the time I get done paying for it I could have bought a DC!! DON'T BUY FROM POWERBASTARDS!!!! I tried calling them 5 times & no one anwsered!!

I have received a email from them it said I'm stuck with a high price paper weight!! I have not put a extra ground on. But I did do the big 3. That alt. was jacked up within seconds of starting the car. Without any audio on! In the email he said I must be pushing it past it's limits!! Live and learn!! I will try and take it some where to be fixed! Unfourtnutely by the time I get done paying for it I could have bought a DC!! DON'T BUY FROM POWERBASTARDS!!!! I tried calling them 5 times & no one anwsered!!

wow, thats fucking shitty as fuck.

it wasnt your fault to begin with...

time to call your Credit card company.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Archived