Second Skin Audio

Box Design For Trunk Car

well im thinking of building a box for my 2000 honda accord.i need help on how to find port area on a slot port & how long it need to be to be tuned @ 38 hertz.here a pic of the box design .15" kicker speaker facing up and port facing the interior(front).port is going to be 5"W x12 9/16 H box dimensions are 34width x 14 height x 27deep

byron.jpg

Edited by byron2817

NEED TO GET LOUDER!!!

so either would be "ok," but that doesnt follow the 1:8 ratio, never exceed that in height x width or port noise is possible, so how about this...

keeping in mind i dont know the sub which could alter this...

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...mp;Fs=&CE=0

this box would slaammmm

or as i always direct others, pm amatt85 or check out his thread for free designs, he does good work and 3d designs when he has time

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I don't know a whole bunch about trunk setups, but I can tell you my wife pulled of an unbelievable score with her 2 twelves and port forward. That is the only way that we have set it up, so it is possible that other setups would be better. The only thing that I know is that when she competed, she hit a 149.3db and the closest score to her was a 144.9 (this was an open wattage class that was specific to trunk setups). He was subs up port back if I remember correctly. JBL subs and a JBL crown amp. I couldn't see what ratings though.

This may have been a useless post, hopefully you can take something useful from it.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

sub up and port firing forward?.....sub and port firing back or forward. just my 2 cents. the picture with the port across the bottom looks like a enclosure i made once. but it went into a astro van

d9bd96cd0b.jpg

this is exactly how i want my box to look.hers a new design

L7.jpg

NEED TO GET LOUDER!!!

it might sound better and have less port turbulence if you stay within the 1:8 ratio, some wont even do 1:6. and if you are mounting the sub on top and use a slot or L style port, you would be support the top baffle with the inner port wall. how come the port has to go along the entire bottom, why not 3x20 or 4x15". somethings to look into since it looks like you have a L5 or L7

yes! much better!! new port ftw

check out this solox thread for inspiration

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=12701

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg