DD-1 Issue or or Amp Issue?

So I love the DD-1 so far and per my previous post I bought a new HU and set on flat the DD-1 worked on 40Hz and 1kHz fine distorting at 48-50 on the low lvl off the HU. When checking from the amp only the 40Hz works not the 1kHz. Setting gain min., infrasonic at 10, and x-over at 250 I can only get to 30 or 40 depending on the voltage input switch at 40Hz and the bass is like barley there when setting with the TPI 440 the HU from what I can see is right at 48-50 and then amp is set at 0.6-2V and gain about 1/3 before clipping and sounds great. So my question is am I doing something wrong or is my amp bad causing the distortion. I am going to try it in my other car on a 4ch and see what happens will post tomorrow.

The only thing I can come up with is that I know I need a bigger alt and or batts. to support the amp, and am wondering if the DD-1 is able to put a load on the amp like a sub would and since the amps/current isn't there is causing the distortion?

Edited by Wolf4Life

So I love the DD-1 so far and per my previous post I bought a new HU and set on flat the DD-1 worked on 40Hz and 1kHz fine distorting at 48-50 on the low lvl off the HU. When checking from the amp only the 40Hz works not the 1kHz. Setting gain min., infrasonic at 10, and x-over at 250 I can only get to 30 or 40 depending on the voltage input switch at 40Hz and the bass is like barley there when setting with the TPI 440 the HU from what I can see is right at 48-50 and then amp is set at 0.6-2V and gain about 1/3 before clipping and sounds great. So my question is am I doing something wrong or is my amp bad causing the distortion. I am going to try it in my other car on a 4ch and see what happens will post tomorrow.

The only thing I can come up with is that I know I need a bigger alt and or batts. to support the amp, and am wondering if the DD-1 is able to put a load on the amp like a sub would and since the amps/current isn't there is causing the distortion?

So here is a video I made trying the DD-1 on my JBL GTO504 amp and it was fine, so now I am wondering what my issue is with my other HU/Amp.

I will try to get some pics up since I can't really do a video being the speakers and hooked to the HU and it would be to loud.

Sorry about the crapy vid never used my phone before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-dw4CcbOFw

What do you mean you can only get to 30-40?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Use -10db track 40hz for your bass amp.

You cant use 1k hz track on a sub amp. No need to.

So, deck at wherever it distorts

Play 40hz -10db track

Adjust "gain" untill distortion light is on solid.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

But to answer your question.

Dd1 or amp?? Its neither.

User error

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

So here is a video I made trying the DD-1 on my JBL GTO504 amp and it was fine, so now I am wondering what my issue is with my other HU/Amp.

I will try to get some pics up since I can't really do a video being the speakers and hooked to the HU and it would be to loud.

Sorry about the crapy vid never used my phone before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-dw4CcbOFw

Ok well after more testing I have to say its the HU and the DD-1 dons't like low preout voltage the one with the 4ch JBL amp is a JVC w/4v preouts.

Everything tested fine sounds great. My other HU is a JVC w/2.5v preouts I can get the lights to come on but not till like 45-50 on the vol, but when going through the amp they comeon like 10 and distortion at like 30 or 40 depending on the voltage switch on the amp. Which isnt right it the HU can go to 48. So when setting the amp it either has no bass or way to much at a low volume by the DD-1. If I use the o-scope till it clips and then back it off its balanced and dosn't get loud till 30+. So I just don't know what to thing now. The last thing I did was run a rca from the JVC w/4v pre outs to my other car to the amp and it went to 48-50 and on 40Hz 45-50 which I can belive so I know my amp is ok, this is why I think the DD-1 dosn't like low preouts so I will get a line driver and try again if not I guess it the HU. I never figured you could get so much in to figuring something out.

What do you mean you can only get to 30-40?

Depending on where the input voltage switch is set on the amp I can only get the volume to either 30 or 40 before the distortion light comes on.

If I go directly off the HU I can get 48 of 50. So that is why I tryed my other HU/Amp and it works fine. So I'm just comfused and trying to figure out why I can't get it set w/o using an o-scope, unless the HU is bad. I may try a line driver and see what happens from there, since I can hook it to my other HU w/4v preouts and run the rca from one car to the other and the amp seems fine and clips 45 of 50.

Edited by Wolf4Life

Use -10db track 40hz for your bass amp.

You cant use 1k hz track on a sub amp. No need to.

So, deck at wherever it distorts

Play 40hz -10db track

Adjust "gain" untill distortion light is on solid.

Thanks for the input and I understand that part I have not tryed a -db track so I will try that also. What I don't get is why I can't get close to the same readings like maybe a differance or 5 between checking off the HU and the Amp there a diferance of like 10 or more. If needed I can try a video to show what I mean and I may try a line driver to boost the voltage and see if it helps. I know the DD-1 works this is just driving me nuts.

Forget everything you think you know.

If you can do that you might learn here.

Deck set to 48

Amp gain all the way down

Play -10db 40hz track

Dd1 on the sub output on the amp

Slowly adjust the gain untill the distort light comes on solid.

Yes, it wont get loud untill your up at max vol.

Thats the correct way to set up a system.

Your bass isnt supposed to be hella loud at vol15 on your deck.

^that

ur amp cant get 1000hz because ur amp is cutting it off, starting at "250" as you stated

u should always be setting the gain with headunit at 48. typically, it wont sound "loud" to you until volume 30+, that is normal because the bulk of rca voltage is created closer to 48 for your deck

TeamSundown-sig.jpg