DD-1 Issue or or Amp Issue?

its a funny thing , because alot of people really think that it should be loud as soon as they turn it up, i laugh when people say i only got it on 20 out of 40 and its so loud, not realizing the damage their doing to their equipment,

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Use -10db track 40hz for your bass amp.

You cant use 1k hz track on a sub amp. No need to.

So, deck at wherever it distorts

Play 40hz -10db track

Adjust "gain" untill distortion light is on solid.

Ok you win user error I will post some vids shortly, but I need to read more and not assume things :noob:, I just figured to keep everything at 0 for best SQ I see this isn't always the case. If you don't mind me asking what is the differance between 0db and a -db or if there is a post already I would be happy to read. Thanks again now I feel stupid for trying so much and what now when it was a easy error.

^that

ur amp cant get 1000hz because ur amp is cutting it off, starting at "250" as you stated

u should always be setting the gain with headunit at 48. typically, it wont sound "loud" to you until volume 30+, that is normal because the bulk of rca voltage is created closer to 48 for your deck

Yea I didn't think about that, I am not really new to stereo stuff I have done almost every car I have owned, but I am new to the o-scope and now the DD-1 I used to think the higher the gain the louder but live and learn. Thnaks for the info.

Use -10db track 40hz for your bass amp.

You cant use 1k hz track on a sub amp. No need to.

So, deck at wherever it distorts

Play 40hz -10db track

Adjust "gain" untill distortion light is on solid.

Ok you win user error I will post some vids shortly, but I need to read more and not assume things :noob:, I just figured to keep everything at 0 for best SQ I see this isn't always the case. If you don't mind me asking what is the differance between 0db and a -db or if there is a post already I would be happy to read. Thanks again now I feel stupid for trying so much and what now when it was a easy error.

0db is as loud as you can get cleanly. -10db is the same tone just quieter/smaller amplitude wave. when setting your gain this means you will turn the gain up higher for -10db vs 0db because the -10db is quieter and takes more sensitivity(gain/level) for the amp to match the output of a 0db signal

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

its a funny thing , because alot of people really think that it should be loud as soon as they turn it up, i laugh when people say i only got it on 20 out of 40 and its so loud, not realizing the damage their doing to their equipment,

Yea I used to do that all the time but couldn't enjoy the music. I like SPL but am more into SQ and being able to get loud if wanted. I don't to much though being I drive anywhere from 50 upto 400mi a day. I like it balanced more then just loud.

Here are the videos the 1st is redoing my amp gain with the DD-1 40Hz at -10db.

The 2nd is the testing to see how it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj-9dq8jwco&feature=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCMjvJx-E8o&feature=g-upl

Edited by Wolf4Life