Second Skin Audio

MDF vs Birch?

SS4Luck

EclipseChris

We need to make these threads against the rules... Oh wait, they are.

Use the search bar, there has to be at least a dozen of these threads word for word repeated in te past month.

wtf u talking about? stop bitching dont open a thread if u dont like it!

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

hes comparing the two main materials used to construct boxes and wanting to know the pros and cons of either..how the hell else are you supposed to find out without asking? beats the hell out of dumping money into both before hand

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

What's the pros and cons of the two different woods?? I've seen the talk about 11/13 ply birch and have no idea why its come up lately

i am a noob box builder so maybe i can help...lmao but 4 real birch is lighter and dont flex as much as the mdf (if u cut 2 of the same size pieces the 11plye birch seems to bend less)the mdf will soak up fiber glass better (if u ask me) and will cut better as well the bad on the birch is that if you dont cut it right it will splinter and if u dont check ur birch sheets b4 u bye it there is a lot of voids and knots in birch... i like the mdf for smaller box's and birch for big box's ...mdf is easier to work with but birch is lighter and looks great with a coat of resin on it

kenwood mp3 usb

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive tweets

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

big 3

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

birch is stronger as well..

That could make it worth my while

If its just for weight its not worth it for me. My next box is going to be glassed outside anyway. I was just more interested in a strength/sound thing

glassing the outside really doesnt do much its the inside you need to glass if you are looking to gain db

After talking over im not going to be glassing, just resining. I want to paint it bright white to match my truck and some of the pieces Ive paited inside the truck. I planned on doing the inside for reinforcement

Use the search bar, there has to be at least a dozen of these threads word for word repeated in te past month.

Ever tried to use the search function from your phone? Its about as good as a whore in a convent. Thanks though!

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

birch is stronger as well..

That could make it worth my while

If its just for weight its not worth it for me. My next box is going to be glassed outside anyway. I was just more interested in a strength/sound thing

glassing the outside really doesnt do much its the inside you need to glass if you are looking to gain db

just resin will not do you much good except a nice shinny smooth seal...if ur looking to make it stronger you will need the fiber glass matting...other wise the resin will just flex with the box

After talking over im not going to be glassing, just resining. I want to paint it bright white to match my truck and some of the pieces Ive paited inside the truck. I planned on doing the inside for reinforcement

Ever tried to use the search function from your phone? Its about as good as a whore in a convent. Thanks though!

kenwood mp3 usb

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive tweets

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

big 3

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

Okay asshole...heres the deal. VS threads are against the rules...instead of telling a regular to "stop bitchin and don't open the thread" how about if you don't like the rules, go to a different forum.

mivtCK.png

Okay asshole...heres the deal. VS threads are against the rules...instead of telling a regular to "stop bitchin and don't open the thread" how about if you don't like the rules, go to a different forum.

why dont you read my last post maybe it will open your eyes a little

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

What's the pros and cons of the two different woods?? I've seen the talk about 11/13 ply birch and have no idea why its come up lately

Simply put as before, MDF is cheaper, Birch is lighter and stronger. But i've always had better luck glassing with MDF, due to its absorbant properties. But honestly, the VS threads are against the rules for a reason...we see these topics, and say to ourselves "not this again". Thats what the search button is for...to keep redundant posts from being made. And honestly, if you are browsing the forums from your phone at 10pm at night (thats what it is here) then I can bet my bottom dollar you aren't at the hardware store in a last minute bind needing advice right this second...so I'm sure it could've waited till you got home.

mivtCK.png

WTF is up with these new people breaking forum rules? But what gets me is when someone corrects it, other new people want to jump in and defend him breaking the rules.

x2

IB4L...

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived