Purplehaze Posted January 17, 2012 Report Posted January 17, 2012 I think I may have seen this truck before? Holler if you need any help, or just wanna shoot the shit! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
99fullsizechevy Posted January 20, 2012 Author Report Posted January 20, 2012 I dont really have updates to post up, just been building boxes and doing installs for other people trying to get some extra funds for my new build.. when the weather brakes i will be getting it painted before i do any more installs... i do need opinions on how to do my dash.. should i paint it or cover it with the same material as i am covering my seats with? i am at a cross roads and want to get all the details figured out before i start up again. Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
OrangeJuiced Posted January 20, 2012 Report Posted January 20, 2012 I dont really have updates to post up, just been building boxes and doing installs for other people trying to get some extra funds for my new build.. when the weather brakes i will be getting it painted before i do any more installs... i do need opinions on how to do my dash.. should i paint it or cover it with the same material as i am covering my seats with? i am at a cross roads and want to get all the details figured out before i start up again. I believe we have the same dash. I wrapped mine in a black vinyl and free handed some flames in that hard foam stuff. It was crazy hard but turned out good. Then I painted the dash ring and wrapped my passenger air bag in some orange passion suede. I also wrapped the bottom half in a light gray vinyl just to change it up. Here are some pics. Sorry I didnt get any of the process. Just some ideas. Your truck is looking good and can't wait to see that paint. That green looks mean! I also like where you're going with the system. Im tuned in man. 2001 GMC Sierra Build. Body dropped and Juiced
99fullsizechevy Posted January 20, 2012 Author Report Posted January 20, 2012 Well I hope to god I have enough vinyl to finish, where as I have 6 yards of green and 14 black which wasn't cheap.. Was taking your top dash pad apart difficult? I have never had this style Chevy that far torn down inside Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
OrangeJuiced Posted January 21, 2012 Report Posted January 21, 2012 Well I hope to god I have enough vinyl to finish, where as I have 6 yards of green and 14 black which wasn't cheap.. Was taking your top dash pad apart difficult? I have never had this style Chevy that far torn down inside No it was pretty simple. One of the first things my dad let me do alone. I took it out and put it back in. It's really easy. I didn't do my seats but I believe I bought 3 yards of the black, and I have a ton left still. 2001 GMC Sierra Build. Body dropped and Juiced
99fullsizechevy Posted January 22, 2012 Author Report Posted January 22, 2012 Hmm, thanks for the advice, I'm probably gonna attempt my whole dash this week, an take my seats to someone who has a industrial sewing machine Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
Purplehaze Posted January 23, 2012 Report Posted January 23, 2012 Well I hope to god I have enough vinyl to finish, where as I have 6 yards of green and 14 black which wasn't cheap.. Was taking your top dash pad apart difficult? I have never had this style Chevy that far torn down inside Hmm, thanks for the advice, I'm probably gonna attempt my whole dash this week, an take my seats to someone who has a industrial sewing machine Do it!!! Holler if you need help! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
99fullsizechevy Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 Good news and bad news.. Bad news is blow thru is postponed until further notice.. More pressing concerns have presented themself. I didn't incorporate some expenses in the initial design, as in extra weight added to already lowered truck, topper, and previous plans on bags would mean rediong the whole bed to corporate the notch needed to be cut for rear axle and notch to come.. Good news is after revisiting my options I decided first I will proceed in full air suspension, fbss 6 link, and when I remove front fender wells I will need to figure out how to incorporate the space for the dual Alt bracket already on the way as well as the dual batts up front. Once it is completely laying frame, it will be painted and I will resume work on audio.. This time startin with my interior and front stages aka lots of glass work.. Edit: oh yea, my dad was talking to me about what my plans was for building my garage.. We ended up coming to an agreement if I keep the "jigaboo" music as he said it out of my truck for the time being (he hates subs period) that he may see it fit to help fund and build my 3 bay garage with a paint booth and a vehicle storage bay Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
killallblue Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Small update.. Got home from work at 7:30am finished this by 8am.. Now time for bed.. Copying me -.- looks good man get that shit bagged
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.