Well I got a good deal on 2 like new Polk DB 12s, so I decided to build a box for em and run em in my room. Heard Polks do really well sealed, so thats what I did. Box is 3.5 cubes sealed. Pretty much a shot in the dark. I got 8 Eminence Alpha 6s runnign also, so its pretty loud. Not going for anything thats mind blowing here.... Heck, I dont even have any tweeters and its all running off a boom box. Just using the sub channel for the 2 12s. So we'll see how it goes. By the way, this isnt for movies or anything, strictly listening to music.

Heres a couple pics I took of it when it was all built. All sanded smooth on all corners and edges, and built out of 3/4" MDF. Single baffled. Will be painted tomorrow. Should look pretty nice.

box1-5.jpg

Painters tape with the exact diameter of the OD of the gasket, to make sure the textured paint doesnt get under it and mess up the seal.

box2-4.jpg

The paint, its textured and look really nice. Silver with black and white specs. Just sprayed an extra piece of plywood laying around to see how it looked.

paint.jpg

The subs. Pretty much like new, and got them at $60 shipped for the pair. Cant beat that!

sub1.jpg

Edited by galacticmonkey

that box is looking good bro. i'm thinking about ordering four RF P1 12s or 15s and doing two separate enclosures in my garage and use them for my house subs.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module