Sonic Electronix

hello, i was helping a buddy out today installing his 3rd amp, currently he was a jl 360.4 powering his kicker speakers and an mb quart fx1.600 powering his sub. he has no more pre outs on his deck so we figured we would split the rca's to run to the jl amp as well as run to the new mb quart fx 60.2 for these 2 infinity speakers he bought, we split the rcas and ran to both amps but no luck with powering the infinity speakers, we also decided to try and run rcas from the jl amp pre outs to the mb quart 2 channle amp but still no luck? any help????

thanks guys! :trippy:

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconed
Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

You try hooking the amp strait to the deck to make sure it even works? And my deck has 1 set of outs so spend 50 bucks on an equalizer.. Has sub front and rear outputs..

right now i believe there is the 4 channle amp hooked up to the rear pre outs, and the sub amp hooked to the sw pre outs, i know the amp works because when i flipped the settings around on the amp i would loose all 4 speakers and only have the 2 infinity speakers working. i have the y spliters im wondering if i should use those to split the single rcas to fill up all 4 rca imputs on the deck and then run the rca preout to the other amp? will that make a diffrence? i just dont have room to run the rca's. thanks sorry if im confusing

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

Okay I'm kinda confused.. To clarify there are three amps, subs out going to sub amp, and the other going to the 4 ch, you split the RCA near the amp and ran one of each split to the third amp an it had no sound..

U ran the rcas directly to the third amp and it worked?

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

Okay I'm kinda confused.. To clarify there are three amps, subs out going to sub amp, and the other going to the 4 ch, you split the RCA near the amp and ran one of each split to the third amp an it had no sound..

U ran the rcas directly to the third amp and it worked?

sub to sub, then 4 channle, i used 2 y splitters so i had 4 rcas in the end, 2 went back to the jl amp and 2 went to the 2 channle amp and no sound

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log

Did you use actual splitters or by "split" did you mean splice?

yes i used acctually rca y splitters

sorry im not the best at audio, this is kinda my first install and im only 16 though i did install the other 2 amps fine just wierd how tehres no sound

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log

Damn.. Kinda sounds like you cut the signal down to much, and the amps aren't picking it up... If you have a 2v out and cut it that many times it's down to like .5 and usually a h/u doesn't put out the full amount unless its at full tilt sometimes not even then..

the more y splitters you add (more resistance) (read higher ohm load) the weaker your signal is going to be. test it by removing the 4 channel from the mix, IF you get sound, this is your problem. The quick and easy solution is to either A get a line driver. B (the better option in my opinion) get a equlizer with a higher output or C get a better head unit with a higher output (preamp) not wattage

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

the more y splitters you add (more resistance) (read higher ohm load) the weaker your signal is going to be. test it by removing the 4 channel from the mix, IF you get sound, this is your problem. The quick and easy solution is to either A get a line driver. B (the better option in my opinion) get a equlizer with a higher output or C get a better head unit with a higher output (preamp) not wattage

Basically what I said lol, just more in depth, for this exact reason I purchased my eq, it has 7v preouts