Sonic Electronix

So I'm starting a system. I just got my 2 Power Acoustik Mofo 154x's and my Power Acoustik 5500.1d BAMF the other day. The funny part is i don't have a car to put them in, but i'll get one eventually. I am going to end up wiring the subs down to 2 ohms (or maybe even one if that's possible (i'm pretty new to this)). I've got several Questions that I want suggestions on. Just to put this out there I am trying to keep this pretty cheap too.

What I Want to Put in the System:

2Mofo15s

5500.1d BAMF

HO alt (not sure what yet cause I don't have the car)

2 Batts

preferably 0awg wire for most of the system

Boyo Vision AVS702 headunit/deck

Massive Audio EQ 4P equalizer

Question 1: Any suggestions for alt brand/amperage and batt brands and types?

Q2: Should I get a cap? If so what are the benifits? Also what cap should I get if i do get one?

Q3: Should I drop them to 1 or two ohms with what I am using if I want them to hit as hard as possible?

I may post more quetions at a later point in time as I run into them. Any general help or help with a specific one of my questions would be greatly appreciated.

1: Mechman, DC power, Ohio generator - I don't think you need one though. Those BAMF amps are weak and only put out like 600-900 watts. What car do you want to get?

2: Stay away from caps - they hurt more than help. Take the money you would spend on one and invest in a second battery - much more beneficial.

3: Drop it to 1 ohm - wire all your voice coils in parallel

wire subs like this for 1 ohm

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

but your amp is only going to output like 1800w, that is, if you keep your voltage at a perfect 14.4, which is hard to do in this case unless you have a high output alt.

dont be surprised though if one day your amp decides to blow up/stop working, cause PA isnt really that high quality a brand

K, so sticking with no cap and wiring to 1 ohm. I'll get an HO alt to keep it running as high wattage as possible. An I know PA isn't great but i don't have the money for anything better.

Batt suggestions?

not to threadjack but i have the 122x and it hits like 2 12's so it should be nice and loud lol

from what ive heard though if you run them @ 1000w rms a piece the voice coils start to burn.... just a thought!

also if i were you i would invest in a dd-1. itll help you set your gains so you dont send a clipped (distorted) signal to your subs causing them to blow......

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Im not too sure but if your talking about getting a high out put alt over a dd-1 or better amp of some sort because of budget I think that's odd. Most ho alts are expensive that I've seen. Id suggest maybe a different amp and dd-1 is well worth it. You could even get it and charge ppl you know some money to tune their systems to help pay it off.

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

not to threadjack but i have the 122x and it hits like 2 12's so it should be nice and loud lol

from what ive heard though if you run them @ 1000w rms a piece the voice coils start to burn.... just a thought!

also if i were you i would invest in a dd-1. itll help you set your gains so you dont send a clipped (distorted) signal to your subs causing them to blow......

From my own experience - no more than 900 (clamped) watts a piece. If you want to play them constantly and not wait for them to cool down: I would say 750 watts a piece.

OP - it would be easier to reccomend an amp if we knew your budget

I'm probably gonna get a dd-1 (the only problem is the $150 price tag). Now if ur 1 12 hits like 2 then imagine 2 15s in a damplifier mat insulate trunk facing into the car...

I am about to say something that might make me seem like a dick... But it needs to be said

Don't get your hopes up. They are cheap $150 subs and that's the performance you should expect from them. If it's your first system - it will make you happy, but nothing like flipping your world upsideown.

@mattc3366

HaHa might do that. the only reason i'd get it is so i don't blow my subs (repl;acing subs = more expensive then the dd-1)

@showdrifter

I already have the 5500.1d BAMF. I'm looking for alt & batt suggestions. And, I know the subs are shit but the next step up is basically kickers, and for them to be better = twice as much 4 each sub and a more expensive amp. I'm only 17 it's not like i've got the cash to buy $800 plus subs either, so i'm getting what i can.