You will need to upgrade you're alternator. as far as batteries try and stay away from wet cell batteries

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

So 3-4 batteries, are we talking normal batteries or XS batteries...?

With an upgraded alternator, 3 seems ideal. 4 a safety net. You would do better with a battery designed for car audio with a larger reserve. Especially if you plan on running 6,000 watts daily.

I would do an upgraded alternator, whatever you could fit under the hood, and two XS D3100s to play 6,000 watts and your front stage till the sun goes down. But what two 3,000 watt amps are you looking at?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I believe 1000 true watts takes 70 amps this information comes from my uncle. He has been a cb radio nut for a long time. the older cb's where real high wattage. He is very smart when it comes to power.

Amps are merely a unit of measurement measuring current. VxI would equal watts. Don't forget about the efficiency of the amplifier as well.

Yes I posted yesterday, but it was removed because i posted in wrong section? So if im running say two 3000watt amps, i could just run them from the battery under the hood? Or would i need extra batteries?

haha if you wanna fry ur alt right away and wreck ur batt. Im running 2500 rms atm, i have an XS D3400 and big 3 done, i shuld have h/o alt. So know revise that statement. haha

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

It's in your engine bay, and it is what charges your battery. What kind of vehicle do you drive?

Also, go to bcae1.com and read EVERYTHING.

Can some please explain or post a pic of an alternator? Im sorry i'm not exactly sure what one is...

BTW: I'm not spending $1000 on two batteries...

Products_Alternator2.jpg

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

Can some please explain or post a pic of an alternator? Im sorry i'm not exactly sure what one is...

Depends on the powere your running O_O you might need 1 G worth off bats if ur running a decent amount of power

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

Then good luck. What many at your level have not realized yet, is that for an awesome cool, high power setup, you will need to upgrade the electrical. And I would tell most of my customers that they can expect to pay just as much as they did for amps if not more on electrical upgrades not including wire.

And trust me, 6,000 watts IS high powered and not necessary to get loud. Read the link I provided, do some studying, and then build something you can afford. You don't need 157db to be loud.

Archived