Sundown Audio

hifonics brutus bxi 1606d

JRminivan

I was wondering if the hifonics brutus bxi 1606d would be a good amp to replace my Alpine MRD-M1000. a friend of mine is willing to trade amp for amp? How good are the HiFonics BXI amp, how close to the rated rms do they do?

Google is your friend, you can easily find the specs within 4 seconds of searching. Come on now. That being said, what voicecoil configuration do you have? Bare in mind, the Alpine is doing 1,000 at 2 ohms nominal while the Hifonics does 1600 at 1 ohm and 1,000 I believe at 2. So what would be the point in changing if you keep a 2 ohm load?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Google is your friend, you can easily find the specs within 4 seconds of searching. Come on now. That being said, what voicecoil configuration do you have? Bare in mind, the Alpine is doing 1,000 at 2 ohms nominal while the Hifonics does 1600 at 1 ohm and 1,000 I believe at 2. So what would be the point in changing if you keep a 2 ohm load?

Thanks I did a google search and found the specs, I will be running at 2 ohms but it would be nice to be able to run at 1 ohms when I replace my subs. I can't find is they do rated rms or close to them?

Power Specifications

RMS Power @ 4 ohms 550 watts x 1 channel

RMS Power @ 2 ohms 1100 watts x 1 channel

RMS Power @ 1 ohm 1600 watts x 1 channel

Edited by JRminivan

Thanks I did a google search and found the specs, I will be running at 2 ohms but it would be nice to be able to run at 1 ohms when I replace my subs. I can't find is they do rated rms or close to them?

i have been reading and saw they do anywhere from 1200-1300 watts at 1 ohm btw that was clean wattage

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

You have to keep voltage at 14.4 volts to get anywhere close to 1600 watts. If you do plan on changing subs that would give you a 1 ohm load, then trade. If not, just stay with the Alpine. My $0.02

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i have been reading and saw they do anywhere from 1200-1300 watts at 1 ohm btw that was clean wattage

Thanks for that info so if it does 1200-1300 at 1 ohms I doubt it does the 1100 rms at 2 ohms I guess.

Thanks for that info so if it does 1200-1300 at 1 ohms I doubt it does the 1100 rms at 2 ohms I guess.

its actually quite a difficult topic cause amps are more efficient at lower resistances so i think we would need amp expert or some1 fairly experienced with amps

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I was wondering if the hifonics brutus bxi 1606d would be a good amp to replace my Alpine MRD-M1000. a friend of mine is willing to trade amp for amp? How good are the HiFonics BXI amp, how close to the rated rms do they do?

i have owned alot of amps and my all time favorite is the bxi1605d and 1608d...the bxi 1608 i have had bench tested @1701 watts @14.9 volts..only bad is the require a good charging system to do that power...and it will have pretty much the same sound qauilty as the alpine did maybe better...ther great tough amps as long as you set the gains right and feed them good power

i only ran them @ 1ohm &.7 ohm tho ....will take .7 ohm daily btw ;)

Edited by extremeauto

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator