Second Skin Audio

The upgrade bug is biting the shit outta me!

I've got a pair of Sundown SA-12's on a SAZ-1500D and am very satisfied with them but I keep hearing about these damn SKAR Audio VVX-12's.

The very first time I seen them a few months ago I brushed them off cause I didn't like the printing on the cone, looked kinda generic to me in all honesty, but after giving them the time of day I see how massive the motor structure is and all the videos and reviews from people who own them and it's getting harder and harder for me to ignore them

So I have a question......

Will this be much of an upgrade if I just swap the subs out in my current box that's 3cu.ft. tuned to 32Hz and keep everything else the same? What about if I take advantage of the package deal w/the custom box, 4cu.ft., tuned to 30Hz, with a single 6" aero port?

What do you guys think I should do?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Either way it goes, I'd keep the Sundowns until I checked out the Skar's and decide which I wanted to sell after listening to both for a while. Anyone think this would be an upgrade?

check out this vid anton made. He's ran both sa 12s and vvx 12s and he says they are pretty much the same except the vvx is more of a low end monster.

Do you know if he ran both sets of subs in the same box?

I have a pair of vvx 12s and am very satisfied with them. Im running about 1700rms to the pair and they barely get warm. They are great subs but i doubt youll notice a gain besides playing the lows a bit better. Those sa's can take a bit more abuse than the vvxs too.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I have a pair of vvx 12s and am very satisfied with them. Im running about 1700rms to the pair and they barely get warm. They are great subs but i doubt youll notice a gain besides playing the lows a bit better. Those sa's can take a bit more abuse than the vvxs too.

If that's the case, i'm sure I could accomplish that by building a different box

If that's the case, i'm sure I could accomplish that by building a different box

Yes id recommend building a new box for them. They do require a lil different net volume and tuning to sound the best.