Sonic Electronix

MB 1500-D with fi SSD 15. Need help with setting up!

First, I know there are many better set ups, but I'm on a budget.

To my problem, will This Rockford Amp allow me to push just one Fi SSD 15? The amp says it can not bridge, and I don't know if me running on just one side of the speaker terminals will hurt anything.

In case I have mis-explained:

Can I safely run a sub on one side of a monoblock amp, and leave the other side alone?

Already answered. I now need help with adjusting all the dials to fit my sub and line up RMS. The only testing equipment I own is a multimeter and a test-light. So please keep this in mind when giving advise.

its a mono block amp, the two speaker terminals are bridged inside the amp.Second, what ohm load is your sub. Needs to be either dual 1, or dual 4 to receive full power out off that amp.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

its a mono block amp, the two speaker terminals are bridged inside the amp.Second, what ohm load is your sub. Needs to be either dual 1, or dual 4 to receive full power out off that amp.

Oh, so can I just hook up so the left + and - of the already bridged amp?

I'm not being as condescending as that sounds.... :/

It's dual 1 no other goodies on the Fi sub.

do you have the sub already? if not i'd get dual 2s on it and buy an amp thats 1 ohm stable.

do you have an amp already? or what do you have?

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

i cant comment on your amp choice or sub choice because i havent owned either, BUT.

what you looked at will work.

just remember the amp is only 2 ohm stable from what i found, so if you ever buy a second sub you cant use that amp.

personally i'd go with dual 1's right now, and find an amp thats stable at 1 ohm, so if you ever upgrade you arent completely out of luck.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

i cant comment on your amp choice or sub choice because i havent owned either, BUT.

what you looked at will work.

just remember the amp is only 2 ohm stable from what i found, so if you ever buy a second sub you cant use that amp.

personally i'd go with dual 1's right now, and find an amp thats stable at 1 ohm, so if you ever upgrade you arent completely out of luck.

K last question. Do I hook up the amp like I'm thinking:

+left-amp-terminal -> +sub-lead1 <-> -sub-lead1 -> +sub-lead2 <-> -sub-lead2 -> -left-amp-terminal

?

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=12#results

thats how :]

EDIT: you want the one that says "2 OHM" its the second diagram.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

you want to series the coils to get a final ohm load of 2 ohms. Because the amp you have chosen is lowest 2 ohms stable.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived