Second Skin Audio

Port Distance from back of trunk

Mine was right against the trunk before i mounted my amps to the box, then right after i mounted them, it almost seemed that there was no change, If there was it was louder when it was just 2 inches away compared to a half a foot

Ye dig, getting loud off little :D

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ 2200D - Replaced it, Works great

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

(2)XS 5100r under the hood & A 170amp alt

i keep it about 6 if not more, any closer imo youll just be causing cancelation

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

My current box has 2 ports. They are on the sides. My subs hit facing the rear of my trunk. The ports are about 4 maybe 5 inches round. And I have 1 1/2 inches on both sides between the side of my trunk. And Since I went with the second port on the side it got a little higher spl. But, then my friend has the same kicker dcvr subs and kenwood amps as me and he has the port between the subs from top to bottom of the box. His is the same distance from the rear of the trunk and does not hit as hard of me. Best bet is to if ya like your current box and have access to spl testing. Play around with it.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

i literally cannot find a spot for my amps, except maybe in the spare tire wheel well, which is underneath where the box will be, which wont work for tuning. the only place it can go is on my back seat, wish i could find a better spot for it.

I put a board that is the shape of the carpet mat that is on the floor of my trunk over the spare tire rack. Helps from sliding. Nothing held mine down. Also makes it easier to bolt down the subs. And then since my speakers in the car are in the doors. under the back window where the arms for the trunk are. I bolted my 2 amps there. Up side down. Gotta get in the trunk a lil but it works. Or bolted to the back of your seats. Back of my seats are carpet covered metal. That is where I was going to put mine.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

i def need to remove the spare tire and put a board down.

3/4 x 4 x 8 Oak Hardwood Plywood for now that is what I have. Think I might have to do 2 of them on top of each other. Easy to do. My 03 focus se has a carpet piece covering the floor of my trunk and spare tire. So I took that out since nothing held it down. And out lined it on the board. Then just sit it in there with out that carpet piece. And if you want to build your box in the car like some do. You have the base already in place.